Gun Zone Deals

Texas House Speaker declares ‘constitutional carry’ gun bill dead...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    bon.jpg
    Bonnen a true Texas skin head

Attachments

• bon.jpg
      bon.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 835

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Its always some excuse why we cant have CC...
    I'm damn tired of it...

I never saw a pic of the speaker till just now....looks like a bonafide cocksucker politician to me.
    The dumnass showing up at his house was just what he needed to shut it down
    It wasn't going to happen anyway, it seems to me he was already dead set against it.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Its the "government" way.

One person abuses a privilege so its taken away from EVERYBODY.

That'll show us.

I hate agenda driven people like that. "Im making a law based on ONE persons actions, to hell with the rights of the other 28,699,999."

I find the absurdity to be deafening.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just gave Bonnen an excuse. Hope he gets voted out next round.

Bonnen overreacted significantly. Neither he or his family was threatened in the slightest way. As McNutt pointed out, politicians don't mind knocking on your door or calling you at home. And would Bonnen have made time for a meeting with McNutt? Or would McNutt have been told, "Most unfortunately, the Speaker's calendar is full for the next six months. Try back later."

Was not a good approach by McNutt. But let's face it, Bonnen was never going to let the bill move forward anyhow.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I should burn my really nice Texas themed calendar Bonnen sends every year, in protest. But I can’t, it’s too nice. And it’s not the poor calendar’s fault.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Let's quit complaining and vote em out, and put people who are pro second amendment in office.

What's particularly frustrating is that we kinda did that, and look what happened. Strauss resigned, I'd like to believe at least partly due to relentless criticism from non-RINO conservatives and 2A advocates. To my knowledge there was no indication that Bonnen was going to be so hostile to gun owners, but here we are.

One problem as I see it is that we allow the minority party to hold committee chair positions. That's insane. The GOP has held close to a 2/3 majority of the Legislature and every single statewide office for nearly a quarter century - the minority party shouldn't even sniff power in light of such mandate. If and when Texas turns blue, it will be in no small part because of this, and I will be shocked if the D's return the favor and let R's run committees. (yes, I know they did before but we're in a different political game now)

edit: I realized I misspoke. Technically Strauss didn't resign, he chose not to run for re-election. The point is that even when we do get these people out, another one just as bad takes his place. I think the Who wrote a song about that.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    you could burn it on Bonnen's doorstep, he would love that.
    I live the next town over from him.
    In keeping with the door-knocking theme:
    I thought about maybe going to have a woman to woman chit chat with the wife, bring a casserole and whatnot, and politely ask if she can get her man in line. Maybe that approach would work.

Top Bottom