Join TexasGunTalk

Texas Land Commissioner 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vaquero, Oct 11, 2018.

1. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Actually, you are posting in the Political Forum.

TX OMFS, Big Dipper and toddnjoyce like this.
  2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Been quite some years since I found a Dem the better candidate than the Republican. Probably before some of the folks here were born.

1911'S 4 Me and Geri @ Cope's like this.
  3. Eli

Eli Well-Known

Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I will be voting, with some hesitation, for Miguel Suazo (D). George P Bush is a foreign-funded anti-Texas liberal that has continuously violated state laws since taking office - an office he had no qualifications for and used name recognition and out-of-state money to 'primary' the man that authored the 1995 CHL law! Bush has proven himself to be absolutely crooked, awarding contracts to donors and concealing GLO operations from public scrutiny required by law.
    He needs to go back to Florida and stay there!

Eli

4. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Bull.

1911'S 4 Me likes this.
  5. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Just remember, there might be some races without an R running. Could be just a D and an L. In that case I usually vote for the L, and always against the D. You can't do that if you vote straight ticket. You would have no vote in that race.

6. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Good point. Thanks!

7. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Sent my absentee ballot in two weeks ago, checked the box for straight Republican and, I checked each one individually ... don't trust the liberal machine in Harris County. I'm still uneasy that USPS will get it there and it will be handled properly.

And yes, I held my nose and checked Bush for Land Commissioner, but getting damned tired of being forced to vote for the "lessor of two evils".

studenygreg likes this.
  8. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    There was only one of those on my absentee ballot ... a democrat running unopposed for a Justice of the Peace position.

9. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Agreed. You obviously have to do your “due diligence” in reviewing the ballot. But it’s not uncommon for a position to run “unopposed” so that you have no voting option.

10. Eli

Eli Well-Known

Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    No bull. P intends to 're-imagine' the Alamo as a Spanish Mission, and not where Texas Partisans were killed by the tyrant Santa Anna. Just because he has an R next to his name doesn't make him a good guy, the man is an enemy of Texas.
    https://alamoendowment.org/preservation-design-partnership-selected-to-lead-alamo-master-plan/
    P is removing the Texas heritage from the Alamo and making it a 'World Heritage' site.
    He's also grossly mismanaged the GLO - the guy exudes incompetence - as audits have revealed. He is crooked, crooked, crooked!
    https://foift.org/2018/02/09/internal-glo-draft-audit-slams-unusual-use-non-profits-manage-alamo/
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/lo...aft-audit-critical-of-the-way-he-12566457.php
    Why did P get rid of the Daughters oft he Republic of Texas?

Eli

toddnjoyce likes this.