• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zaraster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Paterson Pro gun and packs where ever he goes

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/editorial/entries/2007/10/19/day_at_the_park_hes_packin.html
    Home > The Editorial Board > Archives > 2007 > October > 19 > Entry

Day at the park? He’s packin’
    By The Editorial Board | Friday, October 19, 2007, 05:23 PM

Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson is a stout advocate of the right to bear arms. As a state senator, he helped win passage of legislation that allows qualified Texans to carry concealed handguns. And the Marine Corps veteran makes no secret about going about armed - even when it’s against the rules.

In an interview this week regarding the National Park Service and its interest in acquiring almost 10,000 acres of state-owned land near Big Bend National Park, Patterson said he had a big problem with the Park Service’s ban on hunting in its parks and its “unconstitutional prohibition” against going armed into a park.

The Web sites at both Big Bend and the Padre Island National Seashore warn that loaded firearms are strictly prohibited and that firearms must be packed, cased or stored in a way that prevents ready access.

Padre Island adds this specific warning: “A concealed handgun license issued under the authority of the State of Texas, or another state, is not valid at the National Seashore.”

Patterson dismissed such restrictions: “I just ignore it. I mean, if I go to a national park, I’m armed. I don’t care what they say.”

Later, he added: “When I go to Padre Island National Seashore, and I’ve gone down there several times - we inspect well sites, we’ve got some well sites down there. But if I go there as a tourist, everywhere I go, I’m armed, whether it’s in my car or whatever. So I ignore that prohibition, as I suspect others do as well
    [/FONT]

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    Padre Island adds this specific warning: “A concealed handgun license issued under the authority of the State of Texas, or another state, is not valid at the National Seashore.”
    [/FONT]

Woah, what the heck? Does anyone have any idea of an actual statue stating that Texas CHL's are not valid on Padre Island? Signs stating that have no legal standing if there isn't an actual statute to back it up, it would basically be the equivalent of the no gun signs with the picture of a circled gun with a cross through it.

zaraster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    Woah, what the heck? Does anyone have any idea of an actual statue stating that Texas CHL's are not valid on Padre Island? Signs stating that have no legal standing if there isn't an actual statute to back it up, it would basically be the equivalent of the no gun signs with the picture of a circled gun with a cross through it.

It is part of the national park service so the federal law banning loaded guns in parks would apply

Top Bottom