Texas Law Shield on Permitless Carry

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Thanks also from me for posting that. I suppose I haven't really paid much attention to the 30.05 stuff since I've got my LTC, but the info on 46.03 was very informative. I was also surprised to see the airport "oopsie" forgiveness on page 21. Good info!

If you care, there’s an LTC specific thread on the same guide here:

Texas Law Shield on HB1927 for LTC

easy rider

Texas Ice Age Survivor
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
I still don't understand all the hubbub about a business that doesn't want your business. Under 30.05, if you are told to leave by an authorized person and you don't comply, you can be fined for criminal trespass. Now it may change the severity of the crime if a gun is involved, but it doesn't change the intent of the business. I doubt there will be many businesses that allow licensed carriers, but don't allow constitutional carriers, since they would possibly need the authorities involved to order proof.

In all, I find it interesting and will look for further signage, but to me, I just don't do business knowing their intent, unless I have to. Then I will bite the bullet and go in unarmed, but then it will mean it's absolutely necessary.

easy rider

Texas Ice Age Survivor
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
Just an ability to read and comprehend. I love the Constitution ! It is the term "common sense" which I don't like !

leVieux
The "common sense" doesn't bother me as much as many consider "gun control", or "assault weapon" for that matter.

no2gates

Defund Gun Control !
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
I figured that was their take on it. Subsequently in the amended subsection (d-3) which outlines punishments, states notice includes oral or written communication.

Notice is also defined in 30.05 as oral or written communication. Legally, that means spoken or written word, which is why I disagree with their assessment that this

b31b84b1eb9ece43c201997158bb5537.jpg

Meets the standard of the law.

Now, include any words that reasonably convey entry with a handgun or firearm is not allowed, then I would agree due to the cavern of gray area written into the revised 30.05.

I would also argue that the sign above, with No Handguns, does not convey the same thing as No Firearms.

The 30.05 changes are a mess, to be sure.

So, no pistols, but revolvers are ok :loaded:

Jcsprankle

Aug 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I have read chunks of the bill itself and the entire document produced by TX Law Shield and here's my interpretation of the signage (both old and new):
  • 30.06 - Bans LTC holders from carrying concealed while on the premises. Does NOT apply to Constitutional Carriers (CC).
  • 30.07 - Bans LTC holders from carrying openly while on the premises. Does NOT apply to Constitutional Carriers (CC).
  • 51% - Bans everyone from carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, in an establishment where more than half of their revenue is earned from alcohol sales. If this sign is missing, LTC holders may carry on the premises but CC may not.
  • 30.05 - Bans CC from carrying openly or concealed while on the premises. Does NOT apply to LTC holders.
  • 46.03 - Bans CC and LTC holders from carrying openly or concealed on the premises. I think this mostly applies to prohibited locations, like schools, nursing homes or post offices.
  • Gunbuster and other random "no guns" signs - Bans CC from carrying openly or concealed while on the premises. Does NOT apply to LTC holders.
There ya go...clear as mud.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
  • 51% - Bans everyone from carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, in an establishment where more than half of their revenue is earned from alcohol sales. If this sign is missing, LTC holders may carry on the premises but CC may not.

I do not think so unless something has changed and I missed it -

(1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads