• Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    @toddnjoyce

Todd was saying he disagreed with the Texas Law Shield FAQ that suggested any sign would do (aka a crayon drawing of a Beretta style pistol with a line through it, colloquially known as a GunBuster sign.)
    Having read the actual law, I agree that only signs (handmade or store bought) that contained all elements of the required warning are valid. So I disagree with law shield also- that said , if any sign designed to prohibit carry is posted, I will comply.
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    @toddnjoyce

Todd was saying he disagreed with the Texas Law Shield FAQ that suggested any sign would do (aka a crayon drawing of a Beretta style pistol with a line through it, colloquially known as a GunBuster sign.)

Pretty much this. Nothing absolves a business owner of complying with the letter of the law, especially if they are trying to use the law against me.

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    1632238873663.jpeg

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    Will it is wal mart and they are always right or think they I will talk to a buddy of mine at the county attorney’s office some time that his week

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I noticed signage at the HEB Plus in Waco on Sunday on the way out - I'm not sure they meet the legal standard though.

They posted up the 30.05 language BUT the sign was NOT in a contrasting color to the background - it was in the lower pane of glass at the entry, in BLACK, and when viewed coming in you couldn't see it. It surely did not stand out. I was disappointed to see HEB posting up their stores, or that one, at least. I haven't noticed such signage at our local store.

I would think that to be valid - the signs would have to be conspicuous, and posted in a place likely to be seen. I noticed the sign because of the light coming at it as I was headed out he store. Black letters in a shaded entrance, with dark floor mats behind it didn't exactly make it stand out!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    But, if there had been Spanish is it?
    It's possible Cob just didn't include a picture of it.

Personally, I don’t think it’s legally valid. Others may not agree.

Per TPC 30.05

(1) includes language that is identical to or substantially similar to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.05, Penal Code (criminal trespass), a person may not enter this property with a firearm";
    (2) includes the language described by Subdivision (1) in both English and Spanish;
    (3) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (4) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

ETA: weapon includes things other than firearms.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Personally, I don’t think it’s legally valid. Others may not agree.

Per TPC 30.05

(1) includes language that is identical to or substantially similar to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.05, Penal Code (criminal trespass), a person may not enter this property with a firearm";
    (2) includes the language described by Subdivision (1) in both English and Spanish;
    (3) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (4) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

ETA: weapon includes things other than firearms.
    Not only is it not legally a 30.05 notice, it is factually incorrect per the law. The sections of the TABC code it references are repealed and even when they weren't, it wasn't illegal to carry a long gun or location restricted knife into a store, with or without LTC.

Top Bottom