DK Firearms

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From TSRA email today:

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was finally PASSED in the house and we are thrilled! This is the bill on Constitutional Carry.

The bill is in the Senate's hands now.

What I need you to do is call your Senator and let them know you are in full support of this bill and that you would like their support on it as well! You can use the "Who Represents Me " button at the bottom of this email to find out who is your Senator is, if you don't know.

THEN, I need you to call Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick's office and share with him your support for this bill. (512) 463-0001 is the number to call. Also, you can send your written comments at this link https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/contact/contact-general/

In order to get this bill to the floor, I need all of our supporters to do this as soon as you can.

I know you all will be the Texans I know and love--polite and charming.
    We definitely will catch more flies with honey that way.

Thank you!!!!!!
    --------------

Andi Turner
    Legislative Director
    TSRA
    ARJ Defense ad

k9texas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2018
    Dallas
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/19/texas-constitutional-carry-senate/

According to the Twitter they're having a hard time getting the votes needed because law enforcement agencies are coming out against this.

I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I am opposed to HB 1927 and I have told my Senator so.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I also possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.
    Welcome to TGT.

Driving a privilege, not a right.

How can you be Pro-2nd Amendment if you feel a person should have to pay to exercise their rights?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I am opposed to HB 1927 and I have told my Senator so.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.

No you aren't FUD. God given rights don't need a class.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I am opposed to HB 1927 and I have told my Senator so.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.

A right not to be infringed compared to a privilege. The Airforce must have lowered their
    Standards.

I deleted my original post. Regulars will know what I probably said about self pleasing yourself.

I would say welcome but you're not. IMHO.

Kick rocks

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    From TSRA email today:

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was finally PASSED in the house and we are thrilled! This is the bill on Constitutional Carry.

The bill is in the Senate's hands now.

What I need you to do is call your Senator and let them know you are in full support of this bill and that you would like their support on it as well! You can use the "Who Represents Me " button at the bottom of this email to find out who is your Senator is, if you don't know.

THEN, I need you to call Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick's office and share with him your support for this bill. (512) 463-0001 is the number to call. Also, you can send your written comments at this link https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/contact/contact-general/

In order to get this bill to the floor, I need all of our supporters to do this as soon as you can.

I know you all will be the Texans I know and love--polite and charming.
    We definitely will catch more flies with honey that way.

Thank you!!!!!!
    --------------

Andi Turner
    Legislative Director
    TSRA

I wonder why the TSRA took so long to send out the email.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Yep, and that is well known. Part of my disdain for both those pompous shïtheels.

Just one example from DP’s campaign site:
    “On Fox News’ America’s Newsroom on Friday, I told Julie Banderas I would fight to expand background checks to include all stranger-to-stranger gun sales. It makes no sense to me to allow anyone to sell a gun to someone they do not know who might be a felon or a killer. No one has worked harder to defend our Second Amendment rights than I have. In 2018, the NRA gave me an A+ rating.”

ETA: Have I mentioned that DP could be choking on a donkey schlong and I wouldn’t cross the room except to shove it deeper down his gullett.
    He probably would not fight the donkey.

k9texas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2018
    Dallas
    Welcome to TGT.

Driving a privilege, not a right.

How can you be Pro-2nd Amendment if you feel a person should have to pay to exercise their rights?
    Hello, thanks for the question. I don't believe anyone is saying you CAN'T carry a weapon, open or concealed. All Texas is saying is that you need to demonstrate you are proficient in the use of a firearm, know Texas carry laws and that you are not a criminal (Background Check). I will go one further. If you do have a carry license, then I believe you should be allowed to carry everyplace in Texas, schools, sporting events etc. So, yes, I am pro 2nd amendment.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Heavy influx of people from California and those left leaning mega businesses moving here and bringing those with them. If left leaning companies do this it is faster than waiting for the birth rate to do it. Change I mean.

Yep, and this is exactly why I'm ok with discrimination, in general. "You're from California?" Please turn around sir. Why? Because no group of conservatives from CA are conservative enough to negate even ONE CA leftist. So it's best we just don't allow anyone in.

I love a challenge and thrills, but I'm not much for taking chances. If you're not conservative enough to move out of CA and stop supporting that disgusting state, a LONG time ago, then you're not conservative enough to be of value to my state.

It is my belief that states should have the power to boot anyone who does not abide by the constitution. Some people fallaciously try to equate this with tyranny and hypocrisy, but no... Why don't they let a family of five move into their house, make them equal owners with equal power and tell me they wouldn't kick them out when they start fucking their pets on the kitchen counter.

You came to my nation and my state. You integrate and appreciate and if you don't, you get the **** out. If you didn't like my state's or nation's culture, laws, and ideals, why the **** did you come in the first place.

k9texas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2018
    Dallas
    A right not to be infringed compared to a privilege. The Airforce must have lowered their
    Standards.

I deleted my original post. Regulars will know what I probably said about self pleasing yourself.

I would say welcome but you're not. IMHO.

Kick rocks
    Hello, no USAF has not lowered their standards.. I always thought robust debate was healthy and a good thing. Just because you and I have a difference of opinion I am not welcome ? Read your history, that type of thinking is what propelled Castro to power. I am curious though. You are obviously passionate about the 2nd and like many of us, want to carry to protect yourself and your family. So WHY do you not have a carry permit? And, if you do have a permit, then what is the problem? The $40.00 renewal fee once every five years is less than a fifty round box of premium defense ammunition.

Last edited:

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I hope your CHL instructor business fails bud. Shooting 50 bullets at a paper target during the CHL shooting test doesn't prove anything about a person's ability and is not training by any stretch of the imagination.

The guy that did my class was more excited about morning donuts and telling stories that wow people new the the sport. I, myself adsorbed and retained very little. And that is a proper use of the word. Half of the class was this feller expelling hot bullshit stories I examined and discarded.

......I support the second ammendment but. ----Fudd quote.

......"I am sorry you do not have a permit for that" said the Red coats as they tried to cross the north bridge.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Hello, no USAF has not lowered their standards.. I always thought robust debate was healthy and a good thing. Just because you and I have a difference of opinion I am not welcome ? Read your history, that type of thinking is what propelled Castro to power.
    You are ignorant, in the truest definition of the word not the pejorative meaning. A career in the Air Force would indicate the absence of ignorance but I guess I'm wrong.

You are assuming your fellow Americans are criminal retards unable to educate and train themselves. Not to mention mention your ignorant tired arguement for training and background checks to prove you meet your arbitrary standards for safety have been proven false in every state with Constitutional carry. Peroid.

In addition, what happens when some anti sets new standards impossible to meet or takes your guns cause you are a violent vet prone to domestic terrorism or the danger of PTSD is too high to allow you near sharp objects much less guns.

Shall not be infringed is listed in only one enumerated right. For a reason.

Americans did just fine before the gooberment or some instructor was put between them and protecting themselves.

Most instructors are far from god incarnate all knowing legal experts. Anyone who doesn't believe me watch a couple videos or sit in a couple classes. Training is good and absolutely something you should do but not as a qualifier to exercise a god given right.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I am opposed to HB 1927.. WHY ? I am a retired Air Force Officer and know how important training and proficiency is. I am a conservative Republican, possess a Texas Carry Permit and am pro 2nd amendment. We do not allow someone to drive a car until they have shown proficiency in driving skills and understanding traffic law... In my opinion, the same should apply to concealed or open carry. You need to show proficiency and know the law. My question for constitutional carry is this,,, If carrying a firearm is important to you, then why would you not spend a few hours taking the class, going through a background check and showing you are proficient in the use of a firearm ? I renewed my carry permit 3 months ago and it took all of 10 minutes via the internet. My thought is, invest the time, take the class and get a permit. After that it is easy to renew once every five years.. Lets face it, there are a lot of people who have no business carrying a firearm and the permit process helps weed them out.
    You better have a strong force field around you after that post.

I guess we need to repeal the motorist protection act now as that lets every law abiding Texan have a loaded handgun in their car concealed but usable and does not require further training. There has been a massive bloodbath in the streets caused by that act.

My LTC did not teach safe gun handling, I had to pass a legal knowledge test and have a specific score on the range test. I did not have to demonstrate proper care of a firearm, how to handle failure to fire, squib loads, etc. Perhaps your instructor taught you more, gun cleaning, breaking down and reassembly, etc.

The background check for MPA is the same as for Constitutional Carry.

I am not opposed to gun training. I got mine in cub scouts and my kids got theirs from me. I have to say that when I was young and not as smart as I am now I felt exactly like you but now that I am older I see the logic of our constitution and don't fall for the "common sense" gun laws which are preached. I can drive 45 miles north and Constitution Carry without problem.

I don't hold this against you though as there is always room for different opinions. Just be prepared to logically support your argument. My original hatred about Obama care was that it was a tax on life. At your first breath you had to buy insurance. A tax on life. To me that was unconstitutional and has been eliminated.

Be prepared for debate though and there are members here that would love to drive the nails through your wrist and hang you on the cross. Not me but you will find out. Never discuss Bill of Sale.

Top Bottom