Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

Army 1911

TGT Addict
Mar 17, 2008
Dallas Texas or so
They need to be reminded of their oath to defend the US Constitution. Their job is not to keep a right a privilege by not supporting CC. Law enforcement was against the original CHL and their fears were unfounded then. Look at the states that have CC, they aren't experiencing any extra difficulties.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
Jarrell TX, United States
Yep, and that is well known. Part of my disdain for both those pompous shïtheels.

Just one example from DP’s campaign site:
“On Fox News’ America’s Newsroom on Friday, I told Julie Banderas I would fight to expand background checks to include all stranger-to-stranger gun sales. It makes no sense to me to allow anyone to sell a gun to someone they do not know who might be a felon or a killer. No one has worked harder to defend our Second Amendment rights than I have. In 2018, the NRA gave me an A+ rating.”

ETA: Have I mentioned that DP could be choking on a donkey schlong and I wouldn’t cross the room except to shove it deeper down his gullett.
an NRA A+ rating means jack shit to me lol

billtool

Well-Known
Nov 16, 2008
The Wooldlands
Call his office and tell him you will give financial assistance to his primary opponent if he does not support this bill.

View attachment 252869 View attachment 252869 View attachment 252869
This is great advice. I just sent Seliger an email advising I'd donate $200.00 to his primary opponent should he fail to support the Constitutional Carry bill passed by the house. I emailed Creighton too...he's mine and a supporter. just want to let him know I'm watching.

gll

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2016
Sen. Seliger,

I understand that you are standing in opposition to Constitutional Carry. I am not in your senatorial district, but I swear to God and on my mother's grave, that I will donate to your opponents, primary or regular election, even to a Democrat, if you fail to support and vote for Constitutional Carry.

DoubleDuty

Well-Known
Feb 9, 2019
DFW
I just contacted Senator Seliger's office and was polite - which I urge EVERYONE to be. The staffer tried to deny that he was against it, but that he didn't have a position yet. I quoted him:

"Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS Section 23 - RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime."

and stressed that requiring a license to something guaranteed to 'every citizen" is a problem. He went back to "The Senator does not have a public position" defense and I mentioned that we elect Republicans for this, and that he should urge the Senator to read the Texas Constitution and let that guide him.
How about 20 States already have it and it is working just fine. Two of our neighboring already have it. So the police being against it is irrelevant.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads