Guns International

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Haven't been able to find out - but supposedly it was a huge poison pill the Dem's cooked up....didn't work.

Which D’s, House or Senate? I’m guessing House and it’s being sent to conference with the five guys Phelan and DP want to get it ironed out (I hope).

Not much of a poison pill though.
    Lynx Defense

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Which D’s, House or Senate? I’m guessing House and it’s being sent to conference with the five guys Phelan and DP want to get it ironed out (I hope).

Not much of a poison pill though.

The poison pill was supposed to be the POO - but it was withdrawn. I do NOT like it going to committee....too easy to let it die there.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't disagree, but it has passed both chambers, I doubt either chamber wants to have it die now, after infesting so much work into it.

Just got this from @AndiTurner -

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer
    was passed as amended by the Senate last week and returned to the House of Representatives.

This evening, the House refused to concur with their amendments and sent the bill back to the Senate requesting the appointment of a conference committee to iron out the differences between the House and Senate versions.

I would like to commend Speaker Dade Phelan for his strong leadership in assembling a great conference committee. We have the majority of votes on our side. Really a great show of initiative and support for the 2A community!!!

NOW, we wait for Lt. Governor Dan Patrick to appoint Senators to the conference committee to work out the differences in the two bills. We strongly urge the Lt. Governor to join Speaker Phelan in appointing strong 2nd Amendment supporters to the Conference Committee. As soon as they have been named, I will email you regarding who was appointed.

TIME IS CRITICAL here. We have less than 3 weeks.

Hopefully, we'll have an update for you in the next few days as to who the conferees are and we can focus on them.

I will have updates for you on other bills next week.

Thank you!!!!!!
    --------------

Andi Turner
    Legislative Director
    TSRA​

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    It's so very interesting that when you go to LTG DP's website to email him - there's a press release about HB1927 touting what a great job he and everybody did in "passing" this bill. I'm sorry to say my opinion of this guy is that he's a self-serving hack. If we keep driving and get this bill signed, I have no more use for the RINO that is DP.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    The poison pill was supposed to be the POO - but it was withdrawn. I do NOT like it going to committee....too easy to let it die there.

Normally I would agree with you, however so far only one dem on Committee. Keep in mind the chair is the Author of the bill. Representative Schaeffer. He won’t let it die. He is pretty gung-ho on getting it passed.

Senator schwertner is going to be one of the 5 from the Senate side as he was the Senate Sponsor. Sen Hughes will likely be another one of the Senate picks. Possibly even Sen Hall.

Sen Hinojosa will likely be the Democrat chosen from the Senate.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Normally I would agree with you, however so far only one dem on Committee.

Bear in mind how long we've had "R" house AND senate majorities - and we STILL don't have CC. The past two SOH were as anti-CC as they come....yet they CLAIMED to be staunch R's. They now have the perfect "out" - let it die in committee, and they can walk away saying "they tried". We HAVE to keep the POSITIVE pressure on them - calls AND emails THANKING them for their "staunch support" in "seeing this through to a successful presentation to the Governor for his signature".

THAT tells 'em we're watching them without being negative...but reminds them we're ready to pull their plug.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bear in mind how long we've had "R" house AND senate majorities - and we STILL don't have CC. The past two SOH were as anti-CC as they come....yet they CLAIMED to be staunch R's. They now have the perfect "out" - let it die in committee, and they can walk away saying "they tried". We HAVE to keep the POSITIVE pressure on them - calls AND emails THANKING them for their "staunch support" in "seeing this through to a successful presentation to the Governor for his signature".

THAT tells 'em we're watching them without being negative...but reminds them we're ready to pull their plug.

Having a Republican, and supposedly conservative majority doesn't seem to be doing us much good in Washington DC either.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I had posted before about the reasons that a couple of the amendments are "poison pills" House rules make a BHouse Bill sort of a golden chalice. The Senate can not strike language from the HB that "changes or modifies" the intent of the Bill. The Senate added a couple amendments which struck language from the HB which could arguably change the intent of the House. I wish I had time to pull up all the language changes, but I have to haul my car down to the place that made a mess of the repairs. You can go back in this thread and see my posts on this.

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    As I guessed, DP is playing games.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ho Lee Shit. DP has named his five! This thing is still alive.
    76ebe4c2b8339ece0d6dd9d19c59a87f.jpg

Top Bottom