Lynx Defense

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    It looks to me like Dan Patrick would like for HB 1927 to die in committee.

I just sent an email to him using his contact page. And I called his office again at 512-463-0001

I have previously emailed him through the GOA Take Action which also sends an email to my Senator, Bob Hall, Sen. Hall does not need any further encouragement.

We need to put the pressure on the weasel now more than ever! We need to call and email him and ask our spouses and friends to do the same.

ETA: Looks like I may have been a little late with is post.

Last edited:

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    It looks to me like Dan Patrick would like for HB 1927 to die in committee.

I don't doubt you. But if he has named 5 repubs to the cc on the morning after the committee was called ... why does your comment target DP?

Sure this conference thing could have been avoided. But next morning is pretty weak on the stall scale.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    After looking at the five and five house and senate conferees, I’m becoming more optimistic that this just might pass. Here’s how they’ve voted on 1927,... house choices are already legit, senate looks promising with their previous votes on it:

I think the final wording of the bill they put forth still needs a house and senate vote before going to Abbott’s desk. I wonder how long this will take.

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and speaker of the House Dade Phelan gave us some input today on House Bill 1927.

Screenshot_20210513-181041_Twitter.jpg

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Looks like all the phone calls and emails may have made DP realize that it would be political suicide to allow HB 1927 to die in committee. But I am not counting my chickens yet.

Right. I have worn out my keyboard typing and sending emails just about every day. Didn't make any calls of how I work, but would have been blowing their phones up if I could.

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    A quote from John Adam the musical 1776 gives a faIrly good discription of a legislative body
    One useless man is a disgrace
    Two useless Are a lawfirm
    And three or more or a congress
    Generally speaking it appears to to a fair discription

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Regardless how this turns out, I want to thank everyone who contributed in any way, to the progress that has been made. I know some, like myself, did the phone call, email and "click the button ". Some worked the front lines. Showed up at hearings. Even spoke before committees.
    Some dug through legalese and helped me understand some of what was good and bad.
    Some carried the banner and beat the drum here at TGT.

It all matters. It all helped.

I sincerely appreciate all of it.
    Vaq

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Now that conference members have been appointed by both chambers, the next steps are for the committee to meet, issue a report, then both chambers vote to accept or reject the report.

Because the House rejected all ten Senate Amendments, those are the only things in scope for the committee, unless they agree to go out of bounds.

If reconciliation occurs, the report clears committee so long as at least three members from each chamber agree to approve the report.

When the report goes back to the respective chambers, it’s an up or down vote, no amending or anything else.

With both chambers held by Rs, a party line vote in each chamber will gain approval of the reconciled bill and it will be sent to the governor.

4H does a good job of expanding on this procedure and keeping it brief on page 16 of the doc at http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Understanding-Texas-Government-Handbook.pdf

If the report does indeed get out of committee,
    you can see the report here: https://lrl.texas.gov/legis/conferenceCommitteeReports.cfm

I’ll be watching TLO closely, as others probably are, too.

Top Bottom