Venture Surplus ad

Texas LTC fee waived for almost anyone with CPR Certification...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Sec. 411.1954. WAIVER OF CERTAIN FEES FOR CERTAIN APPLICANTS WHO HOLD CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION CERTIFICATION. (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this subchapter, the department shall waive any fee required for the issuance of an original or renewed license under this subchapter if at the time of the application the applicant for the license submits to the department satisfactory evidence that the applicant:
    (1) holds a current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation issued by the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or another nationally recognized association; and
    (2) is not required to hold the certification described by Subdivision (1) as a condition of obtaining or maintaining employment or an occupational license.
    (b) For purposes of Subsection (a)(2), "occupational license" means a license, certificate, registration, permit, or other form of authorization that a person must obtain to practice or engage in a particular business, occupation, or profession.
    Hurley's Gold

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    If you read the section in its entirety, you will see that it refers to first responders that are required to hold a license for emergency medical care. This has nothing to do with LTC or the 2A. Merely that a first responder with current CPR from a known entity does not need to provide any other evidence of competence to obtain a license as a first responder in the state of Texas.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    If you read the section in its entirety, you will see that it refers to first responders that are required to hold a license for emergency medical care. This has nothing to do with LTC or the 2A. Merely that a first responder with current CPR from a known entity does not need to provide any other evidence of competence to obtain a license as a first responder in the state of Texas.

No,
    This section is the list of sections that explain fees for the LTC, and whose fees are reduced or waived.

Other examples are:

Section 411.1951. Reduction or Waiver of Fees for veterans.

Sec. 411.195. REDUCTION OF CERTAIN FEES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS.

Sec. 411.194. REDUCTION OF CERTAIN FEES DUE TO INDIGENCY.

Sec. 411.196 is one about how fees are to be paid, and that follows the one listed above.

All of these above sections are under

SUBCHAPTER H. LICENSE TO CARRY A HANDGUN

Which starts with his section
    Sec. 411.171. DEFINITIONS. In this subchapter:.....

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Agreed. I'm no attorney, but agree 100% with the symmetry of the sections making me think that holding a CPR cert, in and of itself, means one would pay $0 for an LTC or renewel.

If that's actually the case, then this is a big deal: Lot's of free red cross cpr classes available.... :)

No,
    This section is the list of sections that explain fees for the LTC, and whose fees are reduced or waived.

Other examples are:

Section 411.1951. Reduction or Waiver of Fees for veterans.

Sec. 411.195. REDUCTION OF CERTAIN FEES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS.

Sec. 411.194. REDUCTION OF CERTAIN FEES DUE TO INDIGENCY.

Sec. 411.196 is one about how fees are to be paid, and that follows the one listed above.

All of these above sections are under

SUBCHAPTER H. LICENSE TO CARRY A HANDGUN

Which starts with his section
    Sec. 411.171. DEFINITIONS. In this subchapter:.....

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    See below. I’ve attached the most current fee schedule from the state. It doesn’t address the OP’s section as that is a bit different but still accurate.
    1607604715128.png
    1607604715128.png

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Agreed. I'm no attorney, but agree 100% with the symmetry of the sections making me think that holding a CPR cert, in and of itself, means one would pay $0 for an LTC or renewel.

If that's actually the case, then this is a big deal: Lot's of free red cross cpr classes available.... :)

Just asked my lawyer at TX law shield and he agrees. He will check into it. But in his professional opinion it looks like if you have CPR certification and is NOT required for your employment. Then you can get the fee waived.

Shame i dont renew until 2024 and who knows what things will be like then!

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Texas has 2 other ways to reduce or eliminate the LTC cost.

1. if your indigent can reduce to half or 0
    2. Over 60, reduces to half, and then $5 renewal.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The last time I took CPR, it was at the West Texas Safety Training Center. The instructor got mad because she thought I was not taking her seriously. Perhaps it was because she was not teaching it consistently and, at the time, I was going on 33 years since I was first certified. I was told that I had to introduce myself before I started the process. "Bon soir, my name is Marcel and I will be your CPR provider. Could I start you off with a nice beaujolais?"

Danny2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Terrell
    I am up for my LTC renewal in 2021 and my age is over 60. We will see what the rules are when Sleepy Joe and his band of idiots take over in January. It would be great if the renewal is only $5!
    Or maybe I will take the CPR class. CPR is good to know no matter what -- well maybe not - CPR and Covid dont mix.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Texas has 2 other ways to reduce or eliminate the LTC cost.

1. if your indigent can reduce to half or 0
    2. Over 60, reduces to half, and then $5 renewal.

Not quite right for #2. This:

"
    Sec. 411.195. REDUCTION OF CERTAIN FEES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS. Notwithstanding any other provision of this subchapter, if an applicant for the license is 60 years of age or older, the department shall reduce by:

(1) 50 percent any fee required for the issuance of a duplicate or modified license under this subchapter; and

(2) $5 any fee required for the issuance of a renewed license under this subchapter."

It is reduced by 50% for a duplicate license and reduced by $5 for a renewal. Still $40 and $35.

Danny2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Terrell
    Oh I misinterpreted it for old geezers like me. I will renew unless Basement Joe and Kamel Harris are going to collect our weapons and/or collect our ammo.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Sorry for resurrecting a slightly older thread but how does the discount work on the DPS webpage?
    I have an AHA card and am not sure how I can convince a webpage that I should pay $0. :)
    I went to the DPS website to see if I can check out the process but I am not up for renewal yet and thus it won't let me.
    Can someone please provide some feedback on how they used the AHA card to wave the fee? Thank you.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Sorry for resurrecting a slightly older thread but how does the discount work on the DPS webpage?
    I have an AHA card and am not sure how I can convince a webpage that I should pay $0. :)
    I went to the DPS website to see if I can check out the process but I am not up for renewal yet and thus it won't let me.
    Can someone please provide some feedback on how they used the AHA card to wave the fee? Thank you.

Good question! Maybe they will have an option that you click on and upload your AHA card and other documents for them to waive the fee.

I might call tomorrow and find out.

Top Bottom