Texas SOT

Texas LTC renewal was the easiest ever!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    A reminder letter arrived from DPS that my LTC was due for renewal. I went online July 20th, confirmed the details, paid the fee and received the license (3xxx) Aug 9th. There were a couple of factors that helped. My finger prints from prior renewals were used. And I had renewed my driver license recently to get the star on it for the REAL ID ACT. If you fly in the future and use your driver's license to get through TSA, check-in you will have to have the star on it.

What has been your experience getting renewed? Even with permitless carry going into effect in the less than a month it is worth it to have reciprocity with over 20+ other states. Someday we might have national reciprocity as the law across the country. I am not holding my breath.
    Venture Surplus ad

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Good for you! Glad to hear it's getting easy. I've had mine since they started (too far back for my small mind) and am renewing it in February.
    And I forgot as well that back in 2013 the law was changed that for renewal one doesn't have to take the in-person course or range time.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Let's appreciate how fortunate we are in Texas that the renewal process for LTC is so much better than the 1990s. Not perfect then or now because it's a process run by humans. And since Sep 2021 we have constitutional carry for those who don't want to put up with the paperwork/cost hassle. The folks in New York state have a terribly long time waiting to get a license. From Bearing Arms blog

Since the [New York] state lawmakers passed the conceal carry improvement act last year, county officials and those who teach the mandatory classes have noticed a severe drop in applicants for concealed carry permits.

When you call the Monroe County pistol permit office, a recording informs you to wait anywhere from 9 to 16 months for your application to be processed. But lately, Clerk Jamie Romeo noticed the wait times dropping.

The article cites New Yorkers have to take an 18-hour training course which may cost $325. And there are also lots of other barriers to exercise their 2A.

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 32
    Top Bottom