• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    That sucks. Part of me says "Damn corporate mall jackasses" and part of me says "Damn open carry idiots".
    Biggest part of me says that this isn't good for the gun folks.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Yup. Our long gun open carry antics caused a business that supported us despite have a more liberal customer base to move against us (Starbucks). Now no CHL in this mall. I don't see this stuff as helping us.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I've yet to see a 30.06 sign at a Starbucks. All that company asked was that they not be made the center of the open carry debate. I respect that, and don't believe that request caused them to be "against us" in any way.

This is something that has to be considered in the campaign for open carry...

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I've yet to see a 30.06 sign at a Starbucks. All that company asked was that they not be made the center of the open carry debate. I respect that, and don't believe that request caused them to be "against us" in any way.

This is something that has to be considered in the campaign for open carry...

Hmm. I thought that they asked that firearms not be brought to their stores, but they haven't necessarily posted them. I'll have to look it up. I hope you are right. I can completely understand them not wanting to be used in a political battle.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Poorly written articles does not say much we did not already know, but Mall had a no weapons policy, he violated it. As do most malls.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Having the issue in the news just lets more folks thinking about the issue.

Honestly, here in WI open carry of rifles and handguns was legal way way way before they had shall issue licences for concealed carry (just two years ago).

i've yet to see one open carry person even out here in deep redneck territory where hunting and fishing rule the newspapers and restaurant opening and closings.

Here where I can shoot off my back porch with less than 2 full acres of land because I live three houses outside of the town border.

Last edited:

Easy CZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Oklahoma, aka North Texas
    Most intelligent people carry concealed for a reason. Open carry for the sake of open carry does more harm than good concerning OCers in their attempt to "educate" the Sheeple on 2A issues.

The main reason I like the OC law in Oklahoma is it allows for inadvertent printing and/or display of my handgun without fear of being charged with brandishing.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Most intelligent people carry concealed for a reason. Open carry for the sake of open carry does more harm than good concerning OCers in their attempt to "educate" the Sheeple on 2A issues.

The main reason I like the OC law in Oklahoma is it allows for inadvertent printing and/or display of my handgun without fear of being charged with brandishing.
    You won't be charged with brandishing in Texas for an inadvertent display or printing either...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

I wouldn't equate open or concealed carry with intelligence.

Also in before TXI comments about no law against brandishing.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    You can be charged with just about anything, but it might not stick.
    True. Unfortunately.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride. The same goes in Oklahoma, however. You can be arrested for stinking up a public bathroom, chances are you won't serve any time and the arresting officer will have his hands full explaining himself, but...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    True. Unfortunately.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride. The same goes in Oklahoma, however. You can be arrested for stinking up a public bathroom, chances are you won't serve any time and the arresting officer will have his hands full explaining himself, but...

Hell, I better stay of Oklahoma!

Top Bottom