• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tool1075

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    very cool man.

I saved the pictures and posted them on silencertalk as well. hope you don't mind.

During this time in our country's history, I'm happy to live in a state like Texas. Hell, I'm happy to live in Texas all the time!!! Born and raised.

I'm hoping the pending legislation passes

Texas Legislature Online - 81(R) Text for HB 1863

and a lot of suppressor manufactures set up shop locally!!! :)

Hell, I know I'll be buying an SBR or two from LaRue!!! lol

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Too bad that Carbine is very likely illegally configured.

Threading a barrel of a CX-4 carbine violates 922r (I think) as the carbine is made overseas and imported.

they generally don't have the required number of US parts.

I could be wrong though.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Too bad that Carbine is very likely illegally configured.

Threading a barrel of a CX-4 carbine violates 922r (I think) as the carbine is made overseas and imported.

they generally don't have the required number of US parts.

I could be wrong though.

That is what I was thinking too!

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    yeah, but if he SBR'ed it, I think he's good to go

I could be wrong too...

My understanding is that SBR'g something doesn't take it out of the import restrictions on threaded barrels, etc.

Only upping the US parts count does that.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Yes but those are sweet handguns (except the caliber)! And don't sell them short as far as being outgunned, from what I hear they can handle that!;) And I was talking about the sigs they carry, I don't know what kind of long "come to Jesus" gun they carry. I would think it is probably the "Texas" M4 tho, since that is general issue along with a shotgun.

what??? .357 Sig is an awesome caliber... went to a body armor demo with the Bexar County SWAT Team recently and the manufacturer reps had me shoot their vests with my G31. Told me that the .357 Sig is their toughest challege to stop...they know their stuff and I tend to believe them.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    what??? .357 Sig is an awesome caliber... went to a body armor demo with the Bexar County SWAT Team recently and the manufacturer reps had me shoot their vests with my G31. Told me that the .357 Sig is their toughest challege to stop...they know their stuff and I tend to believe them.
    I know that is my problem. It is awesome for you cops that might have to shoot threw cars on the side of the road. I'm a security guard, I will not be shooting threw cars (hopefully I won't be shooting at all) I don't like it because it dose not suit my needs in a duty carry weapon. I think it over penetrates, and opens me up to liability. That is what I mean. Great patrol round the .357, but bad for work in buildings or crowded areas. I should have clearly stated what I meant, that is my fault. I hope this makes my statement more clear.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I know that is my problem. It is awesome for you cops that might have to shoot threw cars on the side of the road. I'm a security guard, I will not be shooting threw cars (hopefully I won't be shooting at all) I don't like it because it dose not suit my needs in a duty carry weapon. I think it over penetrates, and opens me up to liability. That is what I mean. Great patrol round the .357, but bad for work in buildings or crowded areas. I should have clearly stated what I meant, that is my fault. I hope this makes my statement more clear.

It is a hard round to stop that is for sure. For those on patrol that may have to shoot through a windshield it is sweet to have. And I know if I was going to get shot, I would hope it wan't this round the bad guy had in his gun....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom