Texas Militaria Expo - Cleburne

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by majormadmax, May 9, 2017.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I appreciate it, but unless I find there is a good selection of Soviet/Warsaw Pact items being offered, I am unlikely to make the trip!

However, if you do go I'd be grateful for any intel you might be able to provide!

Cheers! M2

2. busykngt

busykngt Well-Known

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Here's the only thing I can offer ya....

3. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Al Stewart had a lot of historical references in his music. Interesting...

4. busykngt

busykngt Well-Known

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The lyrics are worth looking up if you're not familiar with the song. My favorite line is, "the flames of the Tigers are lighting the way to Berlin." Paints a vivid mental image for me.
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    So, has anyone gone to this show?

Cheers! M2

6. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Well, it looks like the next one is 19-20 May, the folks that usually attend the one in Schertz claim it's worth the drive. It'll be an early morning, but hopefully the 500-mile round-trip will be worth the trouble. We'll definitely be taking the Toyota and not the Jeep! ;)

Cheers! M2

Southpaw likes this.
  7. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    I hope it's worth the trip for you. I haven't been to that show, but the last run of the mill gun show I went to in Cleburne was a last minute decision because I was there in town to pick up something else. There was a bigger show going on up in the big city close by, so many vendors were there instead. There were probably a dozen tables there at the show and about 4 folks walking around looking when I was there.

That was by far the worst show I've seen in Cleburne.

8. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    This isn't a gun show, in fact firearms and ammo are not allowed. It is a history/militaria collectors show held once a year. There is a similar show in Schertz that I have found numerous items at, I may just drive up and check it out.

9. equin

equin Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    What's all included in a "history/militaria" show? I've never been to one of these shows but am curious to know.

10. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Pretty much a flea market for militaria/war-related items, the majority of which centers on WWII although that is not really the focus of my collection (I'm a Cold War/Soviet/Warsaw Pact guy) but I still find stuff on occasion.

There's a little more info on their website...

http://www.texasmilitariaexpo.com/

Let me know if you're going, I was actually researching Marriotts nearby and the closest one that'
    s not in DFW (would rather avoid that area) is in Waxahachie. Not sure if we're going to drive up the day of or the night before, but as I have a quarter million points with Marriott, if the latter it's where we'll most likely stay...

Cheers! M2