• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Well, she doesn't have any excuse for her actions either...

"A CPS investigator had previously contacted Robinson, informing her of the order and arranging the time of the serving of the order."

And the officer was "no billed" by a grand jury as well.

It sounds like the police announcer need they were afte the wrong child, then didn’t show the warrant, and then she was bruised significantly during the process.

They screwed up royally then, but that is a separate issue.

It sounds like this lady is a total idiot, and I do not feel sorry for her. NY will not give her mercy.
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Oh, and if your travel itinerary requires you to take possession of your firearm in NY or NJ, you are incompetent at planning your air travel.
    I would not think that any smart person traveling with a firearm would plan it that way. But weather, and other travel conditions sometimes route you through there for various reasons and then you have to think about your next move or end up in jail

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I think I would have been more impressed with the argument to help Robinson had the funding page not been so riddled with emotional ploys, logical silliness, and blame on the New York.

This isn't New York's fault.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Double Naught Spy,

It certainly is the NY government's fault that they routinely "hassle " & VIOLATE the RIGHTS of persons, who are in the State on official business, including "out of State police", DoD personnel who are traveling on orders & other similar cases.
    (I personally know of a case where a US Special Deputy Marshal was detained for several hours in NYC for possessing his agency-issued S&W revolver. - The "arresting officer" stated that he didn't "recognize" the SDUSM as a "real police officer", as he was nor assigned to duty in NYC.)

ImVho, it is long PAST TIME to require every US jurisdiction to recognize every other State's firearms licenses, just as they must recognize other State's marriage/driver's & other licenses, under the "fiull faith & credit provisions" of the US Constitution.

yours, satx

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Whether or not is it "long past" anything is immaterial. The law is on the books and has been for decades and nobody has managed to successfully challenge it yet and until it is removed, people gotta stop being stupid.

I don't like the law either, but it is the law and if I break it, it isn't the law's fault. The funding page made it sound like this was the fault of NYC and it isn't, plain and simple. The whole thing is written as emotional ploy with misrepresentations.

Did you notice that the funding page is just about Robinson. Nobody there is interested is fixing the law, just covering some of Robinson's legal expenses? These people aren't interested in people's rights, but only in gettting Robison out of jail and such.

"VIOLATE the RIGHTS" you mean like with a Texas LTC that is also in violation of our "RIGHTS." Why should each state recognize other states licenses under the full faith and credit provisions of the Constitution? If you are talking about provisions of the Constitution, there should be no licenses in the first place, LOL.

That a NYC police officer detained somebody else because he didn't recognize the other officer's creds just means that the NYC officer was doing his job. Once it was sorted out, the other officer went about his business, right?

Look, Robinson broke the law, whether we like the law or not. If you want to pay money to get her out of jail, go right ahead and donate. That will be very generous of you. Nothing will be changed in NYC, however, and people will continue to be arrested under the law. Plan on making many more donations.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Double Naught Spy,

Did you NOT understand that the NYPD officer CHOSE to detain the SDUSM solely because he was not assigned to "regular duty" in NYC, even though he was on official USMS business? - The Deputy Marshal was a US government LEO & NY (or any other state) should not (and cannot lawfully) hassle such police officers.
    (The NYPD wouldn't even allow him a phone call, for >6 hours.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

SPOT ON. - Imo, NOBODY should ber hassled by NYPD unless they are actually committing a crime.

I admit to intensely disliking the SELF-IMPORTANT people who work at NYPD, after I was "hassled" by a NYPD Lieutenant for carrying a 6x10 foot SC flag (On the written request of the Governor of SC & yes I showed the LT the letter.) at a "permitted parade", because he said that, "You could spear someone with that flagpole. It's a dangerous prohibited weapon.".
    (SC's schoolchildren had taken up a collection to buy the NYFD a new fire engine after 9-11 & the Governor wanted a SC flag to precede the firetruck in the parade.)
    Fwiw, an Asst. Chief finally "backed-off" the NYPD LT.

IF you have the notion that I'm NOT too fond of NYPD/NYC, you are 100% correct.

yours, satx

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Honestly I don't care about NYC laws or whatever they think is legal. It is blatantly a violation of the 2nd amendment and of human rights, regardless of what some judge somewhere thinks. I'm more concerned with helping a fellow Texan behind enemy lines than I am about the "legality" in NYC.

You can be a fool and ignore laws and that’s not going to work out for you.

So what are YOU doing to change all these unjust laws you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    yeah, Maryland cops were and do profile Texas vehicles just betting they are LTC holders so they can stop them

Yep, as I reported on this forum, I was pulled over and shaken down my MD cop a few years ago. First thing out of his mouth, "Do you have a CHL, and awhere is your gun". Surprise CockFag, I know your game!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    To further the points made here about New York, here is a good article taken from The 8 Worst States for Gun Owners to Live (which often means even more worse for non residents):

New York
    Like California, many lawmakers in New York also seem to take pride in the fact that New York is one of the worst states for gun owners. This was especially true when the state government passed the NY SAFE Act in response to the Sandy Hook shooting. Among other things, the law banned magazines that could hold more than seven (now 10) rounds, expanded the definition of assault weapons, created a registry of all assault weapons, and banned the transfer of assault weapons within the state. The law also specifically did not grandfather in any magazines that could hold more than the allowed number of rounds and required residents to either turn them in to police or transfer them to a resident of another state. The SAFE Act was rushed through the legislature and was so poorly written that legal experts were initially concerned that police officers in New York could technically be in violation of the law if they carried a magazine holding more than the allowed number of rounds in their duty handgun.

Partly due to the SAFE Act and partly due to the overall hostile attitude towards guns and gun owners by many in the state government, Remington Arms has started moving operations from their factory in Ilion, New York to a new facility in Alabama. If you’re a law-abiding gun owner who wants to live in a state that respects the Second Amendment, you might want to avoid the home state of gun control zealot Michael Bloomberg.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/worst-states-gun-owners-live/

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But weather, and other travel conditions sometimes route you through there for various reasons and then you have to think about your next move or end up in jail
    Yep, bad things can happen. If I were in that situation, I would never claim my bag. Period. The risk is too great.

Where the gun winds up (sent along to catch up with me, returned home, lost, whatever) is entirely secondary to staying out of jail. I have some nice guns but there's not a single one I wouldn't give up to avoid being arrested in NY or NJ for a weapons possession violation.

Top Bottom