• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Texas Multigun will be hosting a multigun match this Saturday, July 20, at the Best of the West Shooting Range.

Setup starts at 8am, and signup starts at 9am. The following round count is approximate…100 rifle, 75 pistol, 30 birdshot. The match will retain a freestyle format allowing shooters to choose which guns to use on each stage.

If you don’t have a shotgun fear not, we have a 2 gun division you can play in.

FYI, slings are not necessary.

Come out and see what we have to offer.

Please follow range rules and observe speed limits.

Items to bring: Water, snacks, sunscreen, A-game, eye/ear protection, cap/hat, and whatever else you might need for a day of shooting.
    Venture Surplus ad

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    can you come out and watch? I would really like to get into 3 gun.
    Yep, bring eye and ear protection to watch. Usually the hard part is a shotgun, and the match is being built so you can shoot it with just rifle and handgun. Usually handgun targets will replace shotgun, so bring extra handgun ammo.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Yep, bring eye and ear protection to watch. Usually the hard part is a shotgun, and the match is being built so you can shoot it with just rifle and handgun. Usually handgun targets will replace shotgun, so bring extra handgun ammo.

This is one of the main reasons I don't shoot this match as much. It is supposed to be a 3 gun match, but when you gimp it to be 2 gun friendly you get a less fun 3 gun match. And less helpful for preparing for big matches, which is the main point of club matches.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    It is what you make of it. If you treat this match as an opportunity to practice for "big" matches (like the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun coming up August 1-3, sponsored in part by the clueless attention whores at Dreadnaught Industries LLC), then it is just fine.

Although I have amused myself several times now shooting what was intended as a pistol/rifle/shotgun stage with just a pistol. Those 60-70 yard B/C targets are fun to buzz with a modern sporting pistol :)

And for those who have been asking, yes, I will have a truck full of lowers at the range tomorrow.

Alex

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    It is what you make of it. If you treat this match as an opportunity to practice for "big" matches (like the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun coming up August 1-3, sponsored in part by the clueless attention whores at Dreadnaught Industries LLC), then it is just fine.

Although I have amused myself several times now shooting what was intended as a pistol/rifle/shotgun stage with just a pistol. Those 60-70 yard B/C targets are fun to buzz with a modern sporting pistol

And for those who have been asking, yes, I will have a truck full of lowers at the range tomorrow.

Alex

Yeah I hear ya. I need to get ready for Pro-Am and shoot a shit ton of all 3 guns so just going the practice session route. I will probably shoot the match next month if it isn't 1800 degrees out.. :) That match is weekend before Pro-Am.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Crap, I'm not going to make it. Had an AC hose fail on my car today and I don't feel like spending 4 hours in a car that has no AC.

What about those of us with only a rifle, doesn't seem to be many carbine comps around here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Texas Tactical puts one on at Austin Rifle club. But seriously, go buy a pistol.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Crap, I'm not going to make it. Had an AC hose fail on my car today and I don't feel like spending 4 hours in a car that has no AC.

Texas Tactical puts one on at Austin Rifle club. But seriously, go buy a pistol.

But but I want a bolt gun next :( plus I stuck with pistols (or at least the two my step dad had)

Would I need the ARC membership to participate in a match?

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Well I think you convinced me to give pistols a shot. After research I'm looking at seeing if I can try a cz-75 or one of the Italian clones. Anyone know if reds has one of these for rent?

Top Bottom