Texas Penal Code 46.4

Blue Dog

Nov 28, 2008
I have a question? Back in 1978,I was caught with a handgun in a bar. Not causing no trouble just had it in my back pocket. Spent one night in Bexar county jail. Plead guilty to 3rd degree felony. Received 3 yrs. probation and $500 fine. Kept my nose clean since then. I know what I did was very stupid! I am still paying for that one mistake. You don't know what you're missing until it gone(My gun Rights). My question is can I have a gun in my house for protection. I'm looking at Texas Penal Code 46.4. If I read it correctly I can have one in my house only.

§ 46.04. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF FIREARM. (a) A person
who has been convicted of a felony commits an offense if he
possesses a firearm:
(1) after conviction and before the fifth anniversary
of the person's release from confinement following conviction of
the felony or the person's release from supervision under community
supervision, parole, or mandatory supervision, whichever date is
later; or
(2) after the period described by Subdivision (1), at
any location other than the premises at which the person lives.

P.S. I ran my name thru "Texas Department of Public Safety - Crime Records Service" and it came up negative.

sharky47

May 4, 2008
I have always found it curious that some citizens are considered to be "more equal" that others......it will be interesting to see the backlash of pro-gun people against laws that prohibit felons from owning firearms as the definition of felon creeps ever outward in this police state.

Blue dog, I live right around the corner from Bexar county and had the unfortunate experience to watch officers arrest my friend on PRIVATE PROPERTY shooting a .17 M2 into a properly constructed berm after a neighbor complained of hearing gunshots. This is out in the country, they charged him with "deadly conduct".......a felony.......he only was able to clear his name and get his rifle back after a couple years of legal hoop-jumping. Good thing he had a close friend that was a lawyer, never would have been able to afford it outright. The indignation of being cuffed and thrown in a cop car for exercising is constitutionally afforded rights is beyond words. Ever since then I have had nothing good to say about these gang members masquerading as "civil servants".....

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
"Ever since then I have had nothing good to say about these gang members masquerading as "civil servants"....."

and yet we would still come to protect you if called upon to do so.

you preach and call other people narrow minded, and yet you lump people in the groups you want them in while railing against others that do the same thing.

Blue Dog

Nov 28, 2008
sharkey47,I don't think the "civil servants" are to blame they were just doing their job.

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
there are legal aid groups in most big cities...or i'm sure sharky could hook you up with someone who could twist your conviction into somehow being the cops fault.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
I have always found it curious that some citizens are considered to be "more equal" that others......it will be interesting to see the backlash of pro-gun people against laws that prohibit felons from owning firearms as the definition of felon creeps ever outward in this police state.

Blue dog, I live right around the corner from Bexar county and had the unfortunate experience to watch officers arrest my friend on PRIVATE PROPERTY shooting a .17 M2 into a properly constructed berm after a neighbor complained of hearing gunshots. This is out in the country, they charged him with "deadly conduct".......a felony.......he only was able to clear his name and get his rifle back after a couple years of legal hoop-jumping. Good thing he had a close friend that was a lawyer, never would have been able to afford it outright. The indignation of being cuffed and thrown in a cop car for exercising is constitutionally afforded rights is beyond words. Ever since then I have had nothing good to say about these gang members masquerading as "civil servants".....

For crying out loud. How in hell does this relate to the OPs question?

Cops Suck.com is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Top Bottom