• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Following along with this form it appears to me these magnets that attach to your dash and holds a unholstered handgun leave your gun visible and are not legal, correct.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Thanks, but I've heard that other "things" are creeping in as to what a holster is defined as. Simply put, any thing that "holds" a gun is a holster. Such as a "hip grip", a pocket, a strap, etc. I guess we will wait and see what the "gubbermint" thinks.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Back to the magnetic holders for unholstered weapon in the vehicle do they comply?
    Page 11 of this booklet says yes they comply. The real question should be is a gun magnet a holster and apparently they are sold as holsters.

Attachments

• TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf
      2.6 MB · Views: 92

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Is it really clear? Is a gun magnet defined as a gun holster? I wouldn't say it is "clear" as in most legal issues.

That was the point of my question earlier re: what does the statute say a holster is. It’s silent and Black’s Law is silent, so common definitions apply. What hasn’t been supplied is the specific device to he used. I’ve seen things advertised/branded as magnetic mounts…that would be an interesting argument to make. I’ve seen others that appear to wrap the trigger and use magnets near the slide. Probably an easier argument to make.

Also, since an LEO has to get involved for any of this to matter, it probably pays to think through the ramifications of where that little magnet is mounted and how you as the driver are going to deal with it during a stop.

ldaniel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2022
    Humble
    I don't know about the magnet things. The law states "...in a holster" not on a holster. Some LEOs can be a bit of a Ass.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    I wanted a magnet but was afraid to get one. Follow along here. I
    I get stopped in town show permit and tell the LEO I have a gun in the truck . His first question is where is the gun? I point to the (unholstered) weapon on magnet below steering wheel.

He looks in the window sees the gun and says a gun has to be in a holster. I had rather not be questioned.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Bolt a holster of your choosing to the same spot if you think the magnet doesn't cut the mustard. Honestly - bolting a good holster in place is more secure in the event of a collision anyway. I'd rather not have a loaded gun come dislodged and bounce around the cab if I get hit, or god forbid, wind up in a roll over. Most kydex or leather holsters will attach easily enough.

I wanted a magnet but was afraid to get one. Follow along here. I
    I get stopped in town show permit and tell the LEO I have a gun in the truck . His first question is where is the gun? I point to the (unholstered) weapon on magnet below steering wheel.

He looks in the window sees the gun and says a gun has to be in a holster. I had rather not be questioned.

Top Bottom