• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Well if you ask me there are lots of wolves out there. Prof. Mark Jones at did a study to see where on the political spectrum our legislators stand based on over 1000 votes. Like anything its not perfect but its a good snapshot. Basically the handful of Texas Freedom Caucus members are farthest on the right and most of the Straus committee members are on the left.

https://www.tribtalk.org/2017/06/09/the-2017-texas-house-from-left-to-right/

You can actually see the list of every group and individual that has donated to any specific state level candidate by searching the candidates names under 'By Filer Name' on the Texas Ethics Commission site.
    https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/Jasper/SimpleSearch.html

This election will cycle will be mostly about the state house. With Straus gone, the speakership is wide open. So either the Republicans will get together and nominate a more conservative speaker or a couple dozen moderates will team up with the democrats and elect another liberal like Straus.

Do your own research of course. There are lots of groups out there with agendas both good and bad. Including pacs set up by Straus on issues like Life and Business that hand out misleading 100% ratings to his supporters. Besides that some groups that you would think are conservative actually endorsed democrats too. Based on what I know about the candidates from their records, who they are running against, and where the get their backing here are some of the candidates I want to see win.

Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson

state senate districts
    Bob Hall 2
    Phillip Huffines 8
    Konni Burton 10
    Don Huffines 16

state house districts
    Bryan Slaton 2
    Stuart Spitzer 4
    Matt Schaefer 6
    Thomas McNutt 8
    Garrett Boersma 9
    Danny Ward 11
    Jill Wolfskill 13
    Sarah Laningham 14
    Steve Toth 15
    Emily Kebodeaux Cook 18
    Mayes Middleton 23
    Damon Rambo 25
    Naomi Narvaiz or Amber Pearce 45
    Jay Wiley 47
    Jeremy Story 52
    Larry Smith 54
    CJ Grisham or Brandon Hall 55
    Chris Evans 59
    Mike Lang 60
    Brent Lawson 62
    Mark Roy 64
    Kyle Biedermann 73
    Drew Brassfield 87
    Jason Huddleston 88
    Jonathan Stickland 92
    Tony Tinderholt 94
    Bill Zedler 96
    Armin Mizani 98
    Bo French 99
    Scott Kilgore 102
    Jared Patterson 106
    Jonathan Boos 113
    Lisa Luby Ryan 114
    Matt Rinaldi 115
    Matt Beebe 121
    Chris Fails 122
    Kevin Fulton 126
    Briscoe Cain 128
    Susanna Dokupil 134
    Valoree Swanson 150

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Straus has a good number of contenders he's shoveling money to in an attempt to insure good legislation continues to be blocked after he's gone. I've posted a thread on it in the politics section with a link containing a list of those he feels are "moderate" enough for his liking.

It's worth reading, he's sending money all over the state and you can bet he's not supporting people that are going to stand hard against the leftists.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    List of Straus' puppets in link.

https://texasmonitor.org/straus-arms-house-loyalists/

At least six candidates running in open races will get “massive muscle” from Straus’s efforts according to Capitol Inside.

They are:

Clint Bedsole of Frisco, Cynthia Flores of Round Rock, Sam Harless of Houston, Cody Harris of Palestine, John Payton of Plano, and Reggie Smith of Sherman. Charlie Lauersdorf of Garland and Jim Phaup of Sunnyvale reportedly are listed as “worthy choices” in a Dallas-area race that won’t have an incumbent on the ballot.

Straus’s Alamo Heights seat, which he will vacate at the end of 2018, is not on the list.

“Team Corruption just named their starting lineup,” Dyer said. “They have announced to the world which state representatives have been bought and paid for.”

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Lots of those are Collin county.

Nothing good has ever happened in Collin county. Ever.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All who are in District # 35,

Please be informed that while there are TWO announced candidates for the US House of Representatives in our district: Davis Smalling & Sherrill Kenneth Alexander.

After discussing both candidates with several people who I know/trust (including a representative of the TSRA), I've come to the sad conclusion that Mr. Smalling is anything BUT a Conservative. - In point of fact, the most prominent thing about his published information is that he is quite proud of being not only a member of the Electrician's Union but a union steward, too.

Also, while Mr. Alexander is NOT as conservative as I would like, he seems a better person for the US House of Representatives than either Mr. Smalling OR the current congress-critter.

yours, satx

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    28055783_10156225994832053_4082264072228022260_n.jpg

txgho1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TSRA endorsed Charlie Geren who is one is Strouse's enforcers. He is my rep and he is more concerned with sports than state responsibilities. He is like or 4 from the bottom of the list of conservatives.
    Opponent Bo French has a civil case against an ex Geren campaign staffer for false reporting to involve CPS against his family.
    At Charlie's call the state HD was flooded by Austin lobbiest and SA Strouse staff.
    A (E) HD99 Charlie Geren*(R )
    AQ HD99 Bo French (R )

Top Bottom