• ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Fuel Fix » Texas pumping more oil than some OPEC countries

Sometimes I wish we were other states that have better gun laws until I realize we are going to actually last long enough to hopefully see the laws get better here too whereas the others are looking kinda crappy. Good to live in Texas...now if only all that production would start hitting our prices at the pump positively.....lol. Hell at least our gas prices have remained mostly stable for a good while now.
    Capitol Armory ad

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to live in Texas...now if only all that production would start hitting our prices at the pump positively.....lol. Hell at least our gas prices have remained mostly stable for a good while now.

From what I've been able to glean from the webz, oil prices are still based on OPEC production. BUT, recent discoveries of more oil and oil shale in the U.S. (there's a BIG oil boom going on in North Dakota) and Canada, and the products FROM those discoveries, have put a crimp, as some analysts call it, in OPEC's production numbers. That crimp is described as a lessening of the effect from the largest producer, Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, we're still affected by OPEC production, price-wise, and until we can create our OWN oil market, this country (or more to the point U.S. Oil/Gas companies) will continue to be affected by out-of-country oil production and prices. Currently even the THOUGHT of a production decrease from OPEC causes our gas prices to rise.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    SSHHHH! Don't let Obama hear this, he hates people who are self-sufficient!

Top Bottom