• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Give it to him. It does not need to go through an FFL. People inherit firearms all the time without going through an FFL. (Might want to just check your state law to make sure the state doesn’t have any gotcha’s).

I think he wants to give it to him before he dies. In which case they both must be residents of same state or it goes through FFL.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Thanks to all for the responses. It was never my intention to circumvent the law. This post was an attempt to find out what the law is. I was aware of same state sales requirement but with here visiting her and not leaving the state with the gun I didn't know the answers. There's no way in hell I'd expose my daughter to the liabilities associated an illegal weapons transaction. I'm good with the range rental though I'll lose some of the benefits of having my own gun during the drills. Is.... what it is!

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Thanks to all for the responses. It was never my intention to circumvent the law. This post was an attempt to find out what the law is. I was aware of same state sales requirement but with here visiting her and not leaving the state with the gun I didn't know the answers. There's no way in hell I'd expose my daughter to the liabilities associated an illegal weapons transaction. I'm good with the range rental though I'll lose some of the benefits of having my own gun during the drills. Is.... what it is!
    If you train with something pretty close to what you’ll be carrying everything will be fine. Focus on your training and have fun

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If you train with something pretty close to what you’ll be carrying everything will be fine. Focus on your training and have fun

Rental is S&W M&P Shield 2.0. I suppose that's close enough to a P226. Oh we're gonna have a blast. We'll probably hit the range after the courses. She might be sick'a this by the time she returns to GA. But hopefully she'll be comfortable and confident(or more so anyway) and continue practice/training when she returns to GA.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Rental is S&W M&P Shield 2.0. I suppose that's close enough to a P226. Oh we're gonna have a blast. We'll probably hit the range after the courses. She might be sick'a this by the time she returns to GA. But hopefully she'll be comfortable and confident(or more so anyway) and continue practice/training when she returns to GA.
    I use a m&p shield 2.0 and I love it. I have a P365 as well and have fired the P226 many times. All are pretty close in size and weight so you’re good to go.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I use a m&p shield 2.0 and I love it. I have a P365 as well and have fired the P226 many times. All are pretty close in size and weight so you’re good to go.
    Yeah... I suppose. The big difference being the P226 is DA/SA while the M&P is striker fired.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    There are no drills. Just class and shoot the required 50 rounds.
    You might have come in during the middle of the conversation. The topic is 3 courses in tactical weapons - pistol over the course of 3 days. From beginner to not-beginner I reckon. Course info indicates we'll be shooting ~200 rds. a day. Though could be more or could be less....
    Gear to bring:
    Knee pads
    Elbow pads
    weapon
    Holster
    3 magazines
    holster to hold 2 magazines
    water
    folding chair
    hat
    sunglasses
    gloves
    among a few other things.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Luckily when you take the LTC class and shoot it is a breeze to pass. You could be blind and pass it. So after this course it should be even easier.

Top Bottom