• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxShooter01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice place y'all have here. I'm originally from Beckville in Panola County. At the moment I'm living in Brisbane, Australia (aka Hell in summer). I'm a university student.

When I'm home (usually once a year) I'm mostly a pistol shooter. My favorites are SIGs, Colt 1911s, and older Smith & Wesson revolvers.

What else? I collect holsters, mostly duty rigs from the 1920s onwards and floral carved stuff. I don't have anything by S.D. Myres or El Paso Saddlery yet, but I do have a few nice ones by the late Bedell Rogers in Longview. At the rate I'm going I'll have to open up a museum.

I also caught the flashlight bug. Nothing high dollar, just enough Streamlights and SureFires that I won't be stuck in the dark anytime soon.

Glad to be here,
    James
    Texas SOT

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    Welcome James, I know where Beckville is - been getting some gas well locations of mine drilled in southern and western Panola County, as a matter of fact there's a rig drilling there now. Have fun Down Under.

TxShooter01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on how far you're willing to travel. Brisbane has just under 2 million people and 3 outdoor/1 indoor range. Pistol licenses require quite a few hoops to jump through. Rifles/shotguns are easier, but the ranges themselves tend to be boring. The ones run by the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia have a singleshot rule in place for rifles. You can't load more than 1 round into the mag at a time, which sucks if you're using a pump or leveraction. I'm working on finding a place to shoot...still gotta finance the gun too (probably a Browning '92 in .44 Mag for $750).

Pistol prices are way up there. $875 will get you a Glock 17A, $1200 a Beretta 92, or around $3000 for a Colt .38 Super or SIG Sport 9mm. New S&W revolvers are around $1000.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom