• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The first time I attended was in 1978 in high school, and we were studying Shakespeare and we took a Saturday field trip to TRF. Our literature teacher Mr. Talley was a really great teacher! When we got back to class next week, we all had a much different viewpoint and appreciation of Shakespeare.

Mr Talley and literature? Sounds like a teacher in Denison back then.
    Guns International

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I hope the TRF goes on as planned this year. It's a lot of fun, though my usual drinking buddy is off in the Navy now, so I gotta find someone else to fill that role lol.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Mr Talley and literature? Sounds like a teacher in Denison back then.

Mr. Frank Talley was his name. Was an excellent teacher. He made learning enjoyable. His specialty was literature. Quite a few of us were not entirely thrilled with learning Shakespeare, so it was his idea of a field trip to TRF and see them perform Shakespeare live, and in period type costumes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hope the TRF goes on as planned this year. It's a lot of fun, though my usual drinking buddy is off in the Navy now, so I gotta find someone else to fill that role lol.
    I had breakfast this morning with my buddy from the renfest. As we talked about it, he made the comment it might be a good year to avoid it.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016

have you done the pub crawl? It’s super fun. I can’t remember if I posted a picture from it. You gotta practice your dirty limericks though, ahead of time. I kinda feel like I did post a picture. I’ll look.

guess not. Here I am in the center with our hosts and hostesses. Hubby on far left.
    2kOsht.jpg

Attachments

• 2kOsht.jpg
      2kOsht.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 910
    Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yep. I got 2 blouses and three gowns from the Frock Shop. So I will have a bit more variety in my garb.

I DID convert a $3 thrift shop bridesmaid dress to some garb last weekend. so I changed it up a little bit. View attachment 290776
    I found Mike blacked out many years ago when they had 2 Frock Shoppes. The other location was around the corner from the feast hall. He had over did it in the heat & humidity around the back during set up. Actually nice to hear they are still at it. I know they do the Colorado renfest.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I found Mike blacked out many years ago when they had 2 Frock Shoppes. The other location was around the corner from the feast hall. He had over did it in the heat & humidity around the back during set up. Actually nice to hear they are still at it. I know they do the Colorado renfest.
    He was really nice when he completed the purchase. They didn’t open last year In the 2020 season, so I was glad to see them back this year. They make nice quality clothing.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I said that I was done working lots of the employees in the company I worked for had bets that I’d be back. I vowed I wouldn’t ever step foot on grounds during festival.

Next year marks my buddies 25th season. As much as I wish I could have made it until then, I just couldn’t do it.

When I was first married we went for my very first time. Neither of us enjoyed it. Hard to believe I worked it for 22 years. It truly was the best job I ever worked on.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Last time the wife and I went some years ago, it had rained pretty heavy a few days prior to the Saturday we attended. It was really muddy. My boots were so thick with mud, they felt like they had lead weights on the bottom of them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Last time the wife and I went some years ago, it had rained pretty heavy a few days prior to the Saturday we attended. It was really muddy. My boots were so thick with mud, they felt like they had lead weights on the bottom of them.
    It had to have rained over night. That place really drain quickly & the soil is powder. TRF runs sprinkler like mad and food & bev places were ordered to water in anticipation of crowds. TRF was so serious they would level fines if you didn't. I remember getting up one morning to a flood. I thought a pipe bust for the feast hall. It was the fucktards @ Angel Sword. The would soak bamboo mats for demonstrations. Rocket surgeon employee left the water running all night to the barrel. That barrel stunk as the bamboo fermented.

I had seen Mocking Bird Lane turn into a giant mud slide during a rain day. People running an diving into the mud and sliding twenty feet.

There was a deaf guy extra actor that was dressed as a barbarian who carry this big wooden maul, He would walk around and smash his hammer into the ground. He managed to bust a major water line.

One year the rains were so bad an employee who lived near by house got flooded twice in like 6 months. Her father invented the BMF Activator the crank fire device along with the clothes pin AR Bipod.

Cold rains were great for checking out nipples.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom