• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ah...Jerry Lee Lewis! They made a movie of the same name as one of his songs, Middle Age Crazy, starring Bruce Dern and Ann Margaret. Not the best movie, but it was great song. One of my favorites.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Funny story goes along with that song Middle Age Crazy. At the time I turned 40, I had just bought myself a brand new bright red Dodge Ram 1500 pickup for my own birthday present. At the time, I was going through a divorce from my second wife, and were were separated at the time.

I had just recently met a cute little blonde, who was almost half my age, and we had gone out a couple of times, and I was able to schedule the weekend off for my birthday, and had plans to spend it in Galveston during Mardi Gras weekend. So I asked "Kim" to go along with me, and she did. Friday afternoon, I packed, loaded my Harley into the back of the truck, and went over to her house to pick her up. Her dad and mom were almost my age! I almost felt like I was robbing the cradle. Almost!

We got on the road and she slept most of the trip to Galveston. Got to Galveston, and there weren't any reasonable hotels or motels to be found because of Mardi Gras, so we ended up in Texas City, which we found a place for the weekend pretty reasonable, and still pretty close to Galveston.

But the funny, or ironic thing is, several times that song got played on the radio during that weekend! It just seemed like it fit the occasion pretty good.

A word of advice, anyone going through a mid-life crisis, and thinks a younger gal, half your age is going to make you feel younger. It only does for a very short time. Then reality sinks in, and you find that many times, your really don't have as much in common as you might think and goals and dreams for life are usually headed in different directions. Curses of being from different generations. Take my advice, and buy a sports car, or motorcycle, or get an expensive hobby to spend your time and money on. You will end up money ahead in the long run. Trust me on this!

Top Bottom