• Total voters

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Bit of a semantics play there.

Unfortunately most of our individualism went out when we joined the Confederacy and was lumped into that decision.

I wish the South would have won, but I cannot agree with it's general acceptance of slavery.

It would have been just fine. Slavery would have ended the same as it did but with a huge difference. When Lincoln was killed, the Yankees in a knee jerk reaction put blacks in charge of everything in the south. The results were disasterous. These people were only recently slaves and didn't know how to run their own lives as free men, much less run any sort of government. It was chaos. The north forgot to tell these freed slaves that they still had to work to make a living. They actually thought that free meant free everything and they still do. If the south would have won, the freed slaves would have had a more gradual transition and a learning period. Things would be a whole lot better today if they would have had this transition period and educated the ex-slaves on how to be free and live in society.

Booker T Washington tried to teach the blacks. He would take groups of them out and when he said today we're going to (whatever task) today, they complained. "Work?!? You never said that we would have to do any work!" Booker T had a hard row to hoe.
    Military Camp

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Secession, The following Civil War, and the terrible Reconstruction with Federal Soldiers getting even by disallowing former Office Holders to hold Office, placing ignorant former slaves in public office, bullying, you name it. The only way Texas may suceed in going on it's own is through revolution which many may favor against the evil rulers in Washington at present, but....Revolution is doomed for complete failure unless the US Military with it's weapons, airpower, and leadership form and take the lead in such action. And what General leading such action would have the qualities of George Washington and put the good of the Country ahead of his personal aims and power ? And what freedom would the General or Generals provide ? Perhaps like Castro's or Chavez's?

No, people, the desire perhaps is there but the risk presently is not worth the effort...Our tools are the ballot box, in this year to remove all the scum-trash from Washington that can be accomplished and in 2012 remove their figurehead...GOD Bless the old
    United States before obama, GOD bless Texas Always !!!!!

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Secession, The following Civil War, and the terrible Reconstruction with Federal Soldiers getting even by disallowing former Office Holders to hold Office, placing ignorant former slaves in public office, bullying, you name it. The only way Texas may suceed in going on it's own is through revolution which many may favor against the evil rulers in Washington at present, but....Revolution is doomed for complete failure unless the US Military with it's weapons, airpower, and leadership form and take the lead in such action. And what General leading such action would have the qualities of George Washington and put the good of the Country ahead of his personal aims and power ? And what freedom would the General or Generals provide ? Perhaps like Castro's or Chavez's?

No, people, the desire perhaps is there but the risk presently is not worth the effort...Our tools are the ballot box, in this year to remove all the scum-trash from Washington that can be accomplished and in 2012 remove their figurehead...GOD Bless the old
    United States before obama, GOD bless Texas Always !!!!!

Yes. We must tell everyone we know to get out and vote in 2010 and 2012. I'm sure that we know a lot of people and those people know a lot. Tell them to pass it on and so on. Stay on this until the last minute. We must get together and fix this. I don't want to let this slide and tell my friends and family, I told you so. I'd rather say, I knew we could do it. And we can!

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    It would have been just fine. Slavery would have ended the same as it did but with a huge difference. When Lincoln was killed, the Yankees in a knee jerk reaction put blacks in charge of everything in the south. The results were disasterous. These people were only recently slaves and didn't know how to run their own lives as free men, much less run any sort of government. It was chaos. The north forgot to tell these freed slaves that they still had to work to make a living. They actually thought that free meant free everything and they still do. If the south would have won, the freed slaves would have had a more gradual transition and a learning period. Things would be a whole lot better today if they would have had this transition period and educated the ex-slaves on how to be free and live in society.

Booker T Washington tried to teach the blacks. He would take groups of them out and when he said today we're going to (whatever task) today, they complained. "Work?!? You never said that we would have to do any work!" Booker T had a hard row to hoe.

This comes across as the most Racist thing I have heard in a while. If these are you true feelings it would be best not to broadcast your ignorance to the entire world.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Following the Civil War ... no state has the right to secede, including Texas, unless you seem to forget the entire forced reunion of the states under federal observation.

The only way Texas is going to secede is through force of arms. It can not and will not do it diplomatically. There is far too much apathy amongst Texas citizens to win a revolution. Sabre rattling on the internet and giving up everything for a free Texas are two vastly differing situations.

The POTUS does not have the power to sign away our "soverinty" [sic] to NATO. The only group that can ratify a treaty is the Senate, and he does not control the Senate.

The people need to hold Washington responsible, but they won't, and we will reap that reward.

I knew the discussion we had several months ago would raise its head again....LOL

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    This comes across as the most Racist thing I have heard in a while. If these are you true feelings it would be best not to broadcast your ignorance to the entire world.

I knew someone would respond with the racist crap. No racism. I just stated facts from historical records in the Library of Congress. Read your history books. That's what happened.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Only AFTER I move there.

Wont hurt to have another Tennessean come on down to help the cause!

Texas does need to secede. We need to be the one who stands up and start the water flowing. Everyone is thinking of secession but no one will start the ball rolling. Unfortunately, I feel that the USA is going to have another civil war, but this time it will be because of race issues and of course, Democratic favoritism.

A while back, I was standing in line at Wal-Mart and this big ol black woman starts nudging her way past people to be next in line. When the white woman behind her said something to her, the black woman pipes up, "Its about time y'all started going to back of the line for once," pointing to all of the white people in the line. And this is not the first time in the past year that I have witnessed something like this. War is coming....

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    A while back, I was standing in line at Wal-Mart and this big ol black woman starts nudging her way past people to be next in line. When the white woman behind her said something to her, the black woman pipes up, "Its about time y'all started going to back of the line for once," pointing to all of the white people in the line. And this is not the first time in the past year that I have witnessed something like this. War is coming....

It's not the color that gets me. It's that attitude. It's not all of them either. I have a few clients that are black, a couple of them being good friends as well. They are educated and work hard. Doing quite well actually. They are conservative Republicans. Why is it that 99% of the people that make it out of the hood, go to work and get educated, turn conservative? Well, I'll tell you why. They've broken out of that "gubmint needs to take care of me" mindset. The Bible says if you don't work, you shoudn't eat. It also says that a workman is worthy of his pay. It doesn't say that the slackers shall inherit the Earth. Anybody that says that they can't find work, ain't been lookin'.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    When I was a police officer my Chief had me listen to a radical black radio program called "Nighthawks" that was out of the Kansas State University's radio station in the middle of the night. They openly promoted shooting police officers whenever possible, and the Chief wanted me to "know your enemy" to stay on guard. One of the things they talked about was a coming civil war. They called for war if there wasn't satisfactory "change" by 1995. It doesn't surprise me that they are still out there...on both sides, I guess.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    It's not the color that gets me. It's that attitude. It's not all of them either. I have a few clients that are black, a couple of them being good friends as well. They are educated and work hard. Doing quite well actually. They are conservative Republicans. Why is it that 99% of the people that make it out of the hood, go to work and get educated, turn conservative? Well, I'll tell you why. They've broken out of that "gubmint needs to take care of me" mindset. The Bible says if you don't work, you shoudn't eat. It also says that a workman is worthy of his pay. It doesn't say that the slackers shall inherit the Earth. Anybody that says that they can't find work, ain't been lookin'.

Now that sounds reasonable. It's easy to misinterpret your meaning when you just say "they" though.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I knew someone would respond with the racist crap. No racism. I just stated facts from historical records in the Library of Congress. Read your history books. That's what happened.

"They actually thought that free meant free everything and they still do."

You are all wrong. I am not questioning your "Historical Facts" it is the tone and the fact that you say "They". The thing I was talking about was the above sentence and that is why I put it in bold. I take offense to you saying "they" still think everything is free. I am not on a Racist headhunt or tangent, but thought this blatant disrespect for other human beings could not be ignored. If you did not mean it in that way then I understand but I simply did not think the way you said it was appropriate.

What disturbs me more is that I have read in other threads on here where people got pissed off about the use of the word "Rape or "Slut" but this is over looked.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I interpreted "they" to mean those who think that way, but I guess I'm not waiting to be offended.

If that is what was meant, then no harm no foul. I am not waiting to be offended as I am really pretty easy going, that issue is just something I do not take lightly. He did state he knew someone was going to call it racist, so it is what it is. Hopefully I was wrong to jump to that conclusion and if I was I apologize but it is how I interpreted it.

sud123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Allen
    Still love our country, hate the politics of Washington. There used to be seperate branches of government to protect the people and be the watchdog over each other. That no longer exists. Now that the politicians just care about their parties and not the people, everything has got out of hand. It's not about the people anymore, it's about the party.

RocTrac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Ft Worth
    "They" in my mind are Democrats. White, Black, Hispanic etc.....The sense of entitlement has gone way beyond race. However I do see more of some races doing this than others. Maybe we can do away with a lot of the BS with a new country.

Top Bottom