• ...and so much more!
  • Are your for Texas Seceding

• Total voters

saltydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    i'm not a chovanist (not sure if spelt right) but the problem is that many women in our country have bought into this thinking. with so many single moms and no dads around have made this problem worse. most dads know what's b.s. about everyones a winner. now these kids and teen/young adults expect this treatment and want more. it has now hit our schools they want free grades for just putting their name one the paper. God Help our Country
    Gun Zone Deals

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There are a few things that stick in my craw but in general, things are better than they were. I keep saying this but it's absolutely true......I remember when you had to sign a Federal LOG BOOK to buy a box of .22LR cartridges! It's still a pain in the butt with the regulations but it isn't as bad as it was. I left Chicago, Illinois because of the FOID laws. I left KC Missouri because of some restrictive laws. I simply won't put up with unfair restrictions to my liberty! The NRA won big in the Supreme Court and the pendulum is swinging our way.

I still choke up when I hear the national Anthem or when the color guard brings the flag of this nation on stage. I will go to jail to prevent burning of our flag and will fight the enemies of our nation to the death. It's going to change a LOT for me to turn away from my US citizenship!

Flash

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I still choke up when I hear the national Anthem or when the color guard brings the flag of this nation on stage. I will go to jail to prevent burning of our flag and will fight the enemies of our nation to the death. It's going to change a LOT for me to turn away from my US citizenship!

Flash
    dang Flash, we actually think alike on something!! especially the flag comment, Yup, off to jail it would be for me if i saw that done in front of me!!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Yes, destruction of a soiled or damaged flag is proper flag handling procedure. It's the disrespect of our national symbol that I won't allow. The law says it's OK to burn our flag as a sign of protest..........that it's an expression of free speech. It's law, that doesn't make it right. I strongly suggest that folks not express themselves that way in front of me.

I lost a lot of friends and former students in service to our country. In a way, that sacrifice gave them immortality. I am an old fart but they are still young and strong in the eyes of those who remember them. They laid it all out for our country in a profusion of wars that I can't even keep track of any more. The least I can do is honor their memory by protecting the flag that they died for.

May God bless the men and women who serve our country! May God bless and protect the USA from all enemies foreign and domestic.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    look at UT and the other state schools within Texas... They'd have to go privatized inflating the cost of education... Now UT's prices are already extreme compared to other state schools

I was working on a degree in Educational Administration and it taught me some real interesting stuff. The true cost of student tuition at a University was always split between student tuition 25%, state funding 25%, federal funding 25% and a large chunk- 25% was paid by alumni contributions. The Feds backed out, the state lightened up it's share and the economy is in a bind so donations from former students are down. As a result of losing these funds, the student has to pick up a larger part of the cost of tuition. Those schools are in a major bind over funding and it's probably going to get worse. Incidentally, graduates from the colleges and Universities are being pounded with requests for donations.

The costs of a college education aren't really rising as much as it appears. The other folks who used to support education in this nation have backed out leaving the students holding the bag.

*The cause for 1/2 of the tuition problem are the losers we all know and love on our Federal and state governments. They turned their backs on our future.

*1/4 of the tuition problem is caused by rich folks who aren't as rich as they used to be. Again, look to the losers in government for that. They ran our economy right into the toilet.

Who ended up holding the bag? The little guy, as always!

No attempt is made to Hijack the thread. The issue is the same....we are being screwed into the ground by government that neither knows or cares about the damage they are causing in our lives. So what do we do? Secede or try to change something that is truly broken? I love our country but our government sucks.

Flash

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    and to the 10% that voted undecided????? its a simple YES or NO!! so since you cant make up your mind on what kind of toast to have with your breakfast. ya might as well just go move to CRAZIFORNIA!! you'd fit in real good there..

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    A lot of times "undecided" voters think that both candidates are garbage and wish there were a viable third option. Ever heard of someone trying to vote for the lesser of two evils?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    A lot of times "undecided" voters think that both candidates are garbage and wish there were a viable third option. Ever heard of someone trying to vote for the lesser of two evils?

Thats the problem isn't it. With Republicans vs Democrats, a lot of times we are forced between bad and insane, but voting for the "other guy" will usually help the insane more than the good. I don't think we'll ever have a 3 party system, at least not in the long run.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Thats the problem isn't it. With Republicans vs Democrats, a lot of times we are forced between bad and insane, but voting for the "other guy" will usually help the insane more than the good. I don't think we'll ever have a 3 party system, at least not in the long run.

This has come up a lot on this forum. We won't have a viable 3rd party so long as American voters remain fat, dumb, and happy. Ultimately it's every voter's responsibility to educate themselves about the issues and about the candidates running for office -- I don't see it happening for a long time either... people just don't care enough. They're content to "go with the flow".

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Congrats, thinkers all !!! I have read all 12 pages and through the thoughts and opinions have not read anything sickening. We can't do the job with rifles and bayonets but its nice to have them handy in case we are invaded by oanus, o-drug cartels, or o-anybody else including 0-federal gun grabbers...Be registered to vote, in November use your vote to flush the Washington commode, and in 2012 flush the Oval Office commode !!!

GOD Bless TEXAS and the red states ! As nice as it would be to again be the Republic of Texas, we need the other red states and they need us. We can eliminate the mess and we must do it. We must strive to curtail the power of US Presidents somewhat,
    curtail the power of Federal Judges and end their lifetime stay in office and judicial activism. We must impose term limits upon Office holders, and we must make the bribery to officeholders called lobbting a felony. And no public officeholder should be allowed to vote themselves raises, medical care above that of normal citizens, nor ridiculous lifetime retirement...Lets build America back like the founders intended !!! If not then seceed !!!!!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    you are right CW. but in the end that individual has got to choose and vote. cause to not vote just makes the risk of the "worst candidate running" to actually win as in the last Presidential election. as the LIBTARD movement came out to vote and alot of the conservative movement did not. EVERY Demo/Lib i know voted where as even some of my whining about everything friends didnt even show up!! and I yelled at them after the fact!!

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    The 3rd party has had a good deal of impact.......and not just as a "spoiler" in elections. What generally happens is the 3rd party will gain some strength and momentum. When that happens, one of the two established parties will undergo some changes to steal the thunder and eventually absorb the 3rd party. This will kick start the existing party into corrections and a course change in policies. The 3rd party then unfortunately fades away.

In the short term, the "most evil" party wins the election.
    In the long term, the "lesser evil" looser party comes back stronger and a bit more respectable.

This seems to be about the quickest and most effective way to create changes within one of the established parties is to buck the system.

Neither the democrat or republican party will listen to anyone or change unless they are threatened by an outside source.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah? I missed the comment but I've figured that was you who was making joke accounts, skeeter. Playin' a prank on me. If it isn't, I'm still hoping the admins will compare a few IP addresses and announce who it is that's afraid to actually say something on their main account. :)

Edit: Take a look at how many comments I had to erase on my stupid user profile for a good laugh. Someone has more time than courage.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Congrats, thinkers all !!! I have read all 12 pages and through the thoughts and opinions have not read anything sickening. We can't do the job with rifles and bayonets but its nice to have them handy in case we are invaded by oanus, o-drug cartels, or o-anybody else including 0-federal gun grabbers...Be registered to vote, in November use your vote to flush the Washington commode, and in 2012 flush the Oval Office commode !!!

GOD Bless TEXAS and the red states ! As nice as it would be to again be the Republic of Texas, we need the other red states and they need us. We can eliminate the mess and we must do it. We must strive to curtail the power of US Presidents somewhat,
    curtail the power of Federal Judges and end their lifetime stay in office and judicial activism. We must impose term limits upon Office holders, and we must make the bribery to officeholders called lobbting a felony. And no public officeholder should be allowed to vote themselves raises, medical care above that of normal citizens, nor ridiculous lifetime retirement...Lets build America back like the founders intended !!! If not then seceed !!!!!

Yep. Secession is a pretty thought that I fondly entertain, but it's just not realistic right now.

Top Bottom