Venture Surplus ad

Texas Senate Bill 787, 10 year mandatory minimum sentence if firearm is used in felonies

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    yup, every day we hear of DA dropping gun charges down to misdemeanor so the perp walks away. Nope, no min penalty for Texas.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    This kind of law gets on the books because Karens ally with "get tough of criminals" types.

The problem comes later on, when the leftists pass laws saying that having a brain constitutes a felony, so everyone with a brain who also owns a gun ends up with a mandatory 10 year sentence.

As mentioned above, back door gun control and mandatory sentences are both a big "no"

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    And they have less kids than conservative couples. The primary means of creating new liberals is government indoctrination centers called public schools.
    See my statement in post #22. Why are you trying to pick a fight? But to the point, they are COMPELLED to seek new blood, so they won't stop trying. They will find a way.

RedneckHillbilly

Blacksheep of forums
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Texas, Kilgore
    Actually, if the person is law-abiding this law won't affect them, only criminals. First gun law that doesn't punish the law abiding gun owner.
    Probably right, but I don’t have the trust in our political powers currently, like I used to. There are already laws on the books, for things like this. If their worried about crooked DA’s, investigate them and put them in jail, if they’re bought off and crooked.

Top Bottom