Texas Senate passes bill that would ENFORCE ALL new federal gun laws....thanks, CLEET!

Texasgrillchef

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
If you all read the amendment closely, you would see. That the Leo has to be one that is part of a federal task force. To be part of a federal task force also makes you a federal officer.

those guys get TWO paychecks. One from the state and a federal one.

There aren’t to many of them.

Second the bill is sitting in House State Affairs, where it looks like it will die in committee.

Also keep in mind, that the house can add an amendment that effectively could remove the Senates amendment as well.

Sadly, the bill will probably not make it to the end in time. The whole purpose of adding the amendment was to kill it.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
Jarrell TX, United States
If you all read the amendment closely, you would see. That the Leo has to be one that is part of a federal task force. To be part of a federal task force also makes you a federal officer.

those guys get TWO paychecks. One from the state and a federal one.

There aren’t to many of them.

Second the bill is sitting in House State Affairs, where it looks like it will die in committee.

Also keep in mind, that the house can add an amendment that effectively could remove the Senates amendment as well.

Sadly, the bill will probably not make it to the end in time. The whole purpose of adding the amendment was to kill it.
So who added the amendment, find that out and you find out who needs to be removed from office.

Zazonkers

May 11, 2021
Fort Worth
Sadly, I am slowly lacking the badwidth to continue following all the politics. I know they maneuver and play chess to make things they want to happen come to fruition, but to me, it’s all games with our freedoms. Not okay either way. Between laws, lawyers, and judges, I have no idea how anything will ever get done timely and make a difference for the constituencies. Continually being told to write my congress reps is wearin’ me thin....

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Yep, most local LEOs on a JTF are federally deputized.

Folks should know Game Wardens are also federally deputized, thus allowing them to enforce on federal land/lakes and or federal Game laws.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
The law enforcement community took an oath to defend the constitution. Not to support an unconstitutional law. As a LE officer for 38 years, I can honestly say I have yet to speak with one officer willing to break his oath.
the gotcha is it is not unconstitutional until SCOTUS says so.

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Yep, most local LEOs on a JTF are federally deputized.

Folks should know Game Wardens are also federally deputized, thus allowing them to enforce on federal land/lakes and or federal Game laws.
As are those that enforce commercial vehicle law and iirc, boating enforcement. However I do not think because these have authority to cite for some federal violations that would give them authority like some one on a Joint Task Force where they literally have two ID's/badges.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Cob

Apr 21, 2021
Midland texas
most jtfs are set up administratively. Acting on rules established not by congress but by what some lawyer or bureaucrats interpreted the law to be

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
The law enforcement community took an oath to defend the constitution. Not to support an unconstitutional law. As a LE officer for 38 years, I can honestly say I have yet to speak with one officer willing to break his oath.
You don't know anyone who has arrested someone for UCW?

pauper

May 13, 2011
TX
Things will continue to get worse until we stand up for our God given rights. Addressing it at the local level is key. Since it is challenging to do it top down, let’s do it bottom up.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads