Lynx Defense

Texas Senate passes bill that would ENFORCE ALL new federal gun laws....thanks, CLEET!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    If you all read the amendment closely, you would see. That the Leo has to be one that is part of a federal task force. To be part of a federal task force also makes you a federal officer.

those guys get TWO paychecks. One from the state and a federal one.

There aren’t to many of them.

Second the bill is sitting in House State Affairs, where it looks like it will die in committee.

Also keep in mind, that the house can add an amendment that effectively could remove the Senates amendment as well.

Sadly, the bill will probably not make it to the end in time. The whole purpose of adding the amendment was to kill it.
    Capitol Armory ad

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If you all read the amendment closely, you would see. That the Leo has to be one that is part of a federal task force. To be part of a federal task force also makes you a federal officer.

those guys get TWO paychecks. One from the state and a federal one.

There aren’t to many of them.

Second the bill is sitting in House State Affairs, where it looks like it will die in committee.

Also keep in mind, that the house can add an amendment that effectively could remove the Senates amendment as well.

Sadly, the bill will probably not make it to the end in time. The whole purpose of adding the amendment was to kill it.

So who added the amendment, find that out and you find out who needs to be removed from office.

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Sadly, I am slowly lacking the badwidth to continue following all the politics. I know they maneuver and play chess to make things they want to happen come to fruition, but to me, it’s all games with our freedoms. Not okay either way. Between laws, lawyers, and judges, I have no idea how anything will ever get done timely and make a difference for the constituencies. Continually being told to write my congress reps is wearin’ me thin....

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yep, most local LEOs on a JTF are federally deputized.

Folks should know Game Wardens are also federally deputized, thus allowing them to enforce on federal land/lakes and or federal Game laws.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The law enforcement community took an oath to defend the constitution. Not to support an unconstitutional law. As a LE officer for 38 years, I can honestly say I have yet to speak with one officer willing to break his oath.

the gotcha is it is not unconstitutional until SCOTUS says so.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yep, most local LEOs on a JTF are federally deputized.

Folks should know Game Wardens are also federally deputized, thus allowing them to enforce on federal land/lakes and or federal Game laws.
    As are those that enforce commercial vehicle law and iirc, boating enforcement. However I do not think because these have authority to cite for some federal violations that would give them authority like some one on a Joint Task Force where they literally have two ID's/badges.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    most jtfs are set up administratively. Acting on rules established not by congress but by what some lawyer or bureaucrats interpreted the law to be

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The law enforcement community took an oath to defend the constitution. Not to support an unconstitutional law. As a LE officer for 38 years, I can honestly say I have yet to speak with one officer willing to break his oath.
    You don't know anyone who has arrested someone for UCW?

pauper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    TX
    Things will continue to get worse until we stand up for our God given rights. Addressing it at the local level is key. Since it is challenging to do it top down, let’s do it bottom up.

Top Bottom