• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    I didn't flame the guy. I figure him not being native was bad enough

I have never met anybody that could choose where they are born..

I just think it's f'd up that I have to spend a day there. Supporting my family is more important.

I can really feel the love for new residents..

I'm a hardcore conservative. Always have been. Not everybody that moves here is a California liberal. Actually thats why I moved in the first place. I like living in a red state. When people say everything is bigger in Texas I guess that means government too.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Now that you have the initiation over, you can renew your license and registrations online. No trip to the Tax Office/DPS... Just don't forget like I did one time, then your back in the line, fussing and cussing.

Jeff B.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You're right it shouldn't be. But it is. I have learned to live with it and you will to. The .gov in Texas is not that big at all compared to other states. So....

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    you've got to be kidding me...

my mom and her side of the family live in cali, and their govt, dps/dot is total crap... you have to register your vehicles to SIT on your property, say a car you arent going to drive for a while, if you don't register it, they BACK charge you the proper amount for being stored/in-operable and you have to pay that amount on top of the ridiculously high registration rates for new registration....

we have a pretty laid back government when it comes to the amount of people vs. the size of the state. like i said, in fort worth there are about 5 dps offices you can go to and MANY different courthouses/ appraisal offices to get titles and transfers.... you may have to drive 20-30 mins to each one, but the wait there is never more than 20-30 mins.

You have to do it here too. Guy at work just finished a Wagoneer he bought about 9 months ago. He was hit with about $300 in late registration penalties. It used to be a simple $16 fee but no more.

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    The reason for two places(one for driver license, and one for license plates) is the state gets the money for your driver's license and the county in which you reside in gets the money from your license plates. Anymore questions? I sure wish that there was an IQ test before they let outsiders in! If you have anymore complaints, please go to our complaint department in Phoenix, AZ. No calls, emails, or regular mail accepted. Your must appear in person! Plz. have a nice day, ya'll.

Gutshot

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Man With A Gun, I feel the same way. I moved here from AZ last year and went through the same process, so I know how you feel.

I noticed in your original rant that you made no mention of the stupidly oversized stickers we have to place on our windshields...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Those are for reppin the lone star state yo!
    I noticed when I was in West Virginia for a month or so that Texas is one of the only states to do any of this. I don't mind it because this is the only place I've ever lived. I've hit the state line a few times but you can bet I don't stay away to long.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    How cheap is it to register your vehicles in AZ? When I moved down here from KS I LOVED the cheap registration here in TX. In KS I had to pay "tags and taxes" each year. The last year I registered my Corvette there it was $900 for one year! That didn't include my truck either, that was just one car. Here I got both my Vette and my truck registered for under $400 even with the $90 FNG fee.

I understand your thoughts about things not being co-located, that was a bit strange for me as well but the $$ savings made me forget about it real quick.

BTW, welcome to TX. It's a great place to live!

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    When it come to renewing your registration you can do it through the mail
    When you license renews you can do it online every other time (new photo)
    Your State inspection... I do it at the same place I do my oil change.
    Drop it off and say I will be back in 2 hours, change the oil and do the inspection.

I know AZ licenses never expire but that's AZ.
    Did you get a 4 year license or an 8 year license?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    HB 2730 allows a new Texas resident to operate a vehicle without a Texas license for 90 days instead of the current 30. (This provision went into effect on June 19, 2009.)

Looks like somebody at the Capitol thought 30 days was a bit short too.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I am sure if you get on I-10 heading west you will be back where you don't have to wait as long. Of course you probably won't have a job. Your home value will sink through the floor. You will have to put up with belly acking Califoricators. The freedoms here are far better than you realize. So welcome to Texas and shut the f*** up!

Gutshot

Ya know what ? Just cuz someone has a rant don't mean you gotta ........ You know what ? I think I will take the high road on this one and "shut the f*** up "

Pawdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Kimble, Texas
    I transferred to Tucson in 1992, and as I recall, they had the mandated emissions testing then. Spent two hours in line only to be told my 4 year old vehicle didn't ass. Still had to pay for it, and then was told to drive over to the mechanic station, just in front of the state inspection station, so they could "fix" the problem.

The "mechanic" spent about 10 minutes allegedly making carbarator adjustments, charged me around $100., then I had to again wait in line for another inspection, which surprisingly, this time the vehicle passed. Paid again for the sticker.

What a racket! Yep, AZ also has their high costs and crooks! :(

Now, I live in a Texas county where emissions testing is not required, drive in, spend 5 minutes, and pay the $14.50 for the inspection sticker!
    And, I renew all my registrations and driver license online now, don't have to leave the house!

Top Bottom