• ...and so much more!
  • Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    Finally. Now if it will do some good?

Introduced 2/17/09:
    Affirming that the State of Texas claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

Texas Legislature Online - 81(R) History for HCR 50
    Capitol Armory ad

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I was wondering when this would show up in Austin. Several states are passing similar resolutions, and it's long overdue IMHO.

God and Texas.

Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    'Tis merely a statement, but...
    enough get made by enough states and someone will have to start listening.

Maybe the old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease " will have some relevance.

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    It realy don't mean much! It is kind of like the seat belt laws that the feds came up with some states did not use it so the feds told them they would cut fed money for road improvement and they gave in! It all goes back to the old saying money talks BS walks.

Same thing with the prison system in Texas they gave in to the feds for more money from them.

DRJ

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I heard that 21 States have done that so far.

I say give them a 30 day notice, then tell them good bye.

The States created the Federal Government, not the other way around.

The Federal Government no longer serves us in any way, we no longer need it.

We should leave it behind us as a footnote in our History!

God bless Texas!

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    It realy don't mean much! It is kind of like the seat belt laws that the feds came up with some states did not use it so the feds told them they would cut fed money for road improvement and they gave in! It all goes back to the old saying money talks BS walks.

Same thing with the prison system in Texas they gave in to the feds for more money from them.

DRJ

If you draw a line in the sand, and then when the Anti-American Washington Government crosses it you just back up and draw another line, then it don't mean much; but this is Texas, and we are done backing up, or at least I am!

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I just wish there was more to it than words. I'm tired of hearing politicians talk about doing things. I think its about time we started seeing results or we need to get new people in power.

These people are supposed to represent us, and I don't know how long it has been since I have felt 'represented'.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    sadly, it doesn't mean much.

Theoretically, all 50 States retained sovereignty within the powers they reserved, regardless of whether they pass such a resolution or not. They approved the 10th Amendment and all other provisions of the constitution when they ratified it in the case of the original 13, or when they applied for admission to the Union.

Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    I was sort of mentally chewing on all this some more today and came up with a type of thought on it all.

Isn't this how our so called reps at the state level are in effect telling the Obama and Co. "one minute there buddy...your stepping over a line you are supposed to stay behind. GET BACK BEHIND THE YELLOW TAPE!"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Lewisville
    confused

Ok im a little confused on what this means, can someone elaborate on this plz, I really do not know what it means, and plz dont think me stupid

Introduced 2/17/09:
    Affirming that the State of Texas claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I still say secede and become the Republic of Texas again
    That or join the southern states when they leave.

I do not believe that we ever rejoined that union to the north after we left in in the 1860's.

We have been under military occupation since that time.

It is time to send the Union packing!

God bless Texas!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom