• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    That's an excerpt of the executive order from the Texas Concealed Handgun Association. I wanted the actual Texas Parks and Wildlife link to the signed PDF... the official document.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    The "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" attitude is fine with me - grown men and women may do what they think they must - but posting on a public forum that one intends to disregard the law and carry a handgun pretty much negates the original reasoning. I know it's a one-in-a-million chance that someone will actually get caught, but a person's "Sorry, your Honor, I was a dumbass" plea won't go very far when a zealous prosecutor digs up the previously-post comments on a public forum. "The Internet" has been used to convict many a person in this country.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have a scan of the original signed letter (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Executive Director Order 98-001)...

TPWD no longer has a copy on its website.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's the scan...

CarryLtrforTexasStateParks_zps6b8f61a2.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Another one you need to be careful about is LCRA parks.
    IIRC, all weapons were prohibited. NowI see CHL/concealed carry is okay but only concealed carry. No other weapons allowed.
    So a longgun in the trunk is a no-no?

Utah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Question about National Parks in Texas, and long guns.

I have a friend who is going to be camping in Big Bend in March. My friend doesn't have a CHL (and likely doesn't have time to get it before then), so I'm wondering if the open carry of a rifle would be allowable. All I'm finding is that the firearm laws of the state apply in the National Parks now, and I haven't found anything specific in Texas code on the topic. Anyone have insights on this one?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Question about National Parks in Texas, and long guns.

I have a friend who is going to be camping in Big Bend in March. My friend doesn't have a CHL (and likely doesn't have time to get it before then), so I'm wondering if the open carry of a rifle would be allowable. All I'm finding is that the firearm laws of the state apply in the National Parks now, and I haven't found anything specific in Texas code on the topic. Anyone have insights on this one?

Laws tell us what is illegal. Since long gun carry is not proscribed under Texas law except for that under PC 46.03, you won't find this specifically in Texas code.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom