• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Silencer manufacturers in Texas are not going to sell to an individual, so you’re going to need to find an FFL who is willing to risk losing his license. My guess is that this won’t change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

JustADude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2021
    houston, tx
    Silencer manufacturers in Texas are not going to sell to an individual, so you’re going to need to find an FFL who is willing to risk losing his license. My guess is that this won’t change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR find one that does not have a license when they become mainstream.

JustADude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2021
    houston, tx
    an FFL without a license?

a manufacturer of silencers without an FFL after the court cases are won and the ATF gets told to bugger off.
    you won't have an FFL holder risking their permission slip to cross the federal government.

what you will see are people building silencers (not me, and i CERTAINLY won't be buying one since that would risk my own neck) after a few attempted ATF lynchings are thrown out or maybe even some kind of standoff happens.

long story short, potheads set precedent, leftists created sanctuary cities, and Texas just used all of that to give a gigantic middle finger to the feds.

the market will adjust. instead of pot dispensaries you're gonna see silencer shops.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Huh?

I and other silencer MFGs have been selling to individuals for decades. Somehow I have managed to keep my license.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Anyone else get this email from the ATF?

The purpose of this letter is to provide guidance on your obligations as a federal firearms licensee (FFL) in Texas. The following guidance is intended to assist you in accomplishing this goal. This letter does not impose any new obligations. It merely confirms the continuing applicability of existing federal obligations.

The passage of Texas House Bill 957 (HB957), with an effective date of September 1, 2021, has generated questions from industry members as to how this state law may affect them while engaged in a firearms business activity. HB957 claims to exempt silencers (also known as suppressors) that are manufactured in Texas, and which remain in Texas, from Federal firearms laws and regulations, including the federal registration requirements. However, because HB957 directly conflicts with federal firearms laws and regulations, federal law supersedes HB957. In summary, all provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA) and the National Firearms Act (NFA), including their corresponding regulations, continue to apply to FFLs and other persons in Texas.

As you know, 18 U.S.C. § 923 requires a license to engage in the business of manufacturing or dealing in firearms, even if the firearms remain within the same state. All firearms manufactured by a licensee must be properly marked. Additionally, pursuant to 27 CFR § 478.123, each licensee must record the type, model, caliber or gauge, and serial number of each firearm manufactured or otherwise acquired, and the date such manufacture or other acquisition was made. The required information must be recorded in the licensee's records not later than the seventh day following the date such manufacture or other acquisition was made.

In addition to possessing a license under the GCA, 26 U.S.C. § 5801 requires an FFL engaged in the business of manufacturing or dealing in NFA firearms, including silencers, to pay a special occupational tax. Furthermore, an approved ATF Form 4 and Firearms Transaction Record (ATF Form 4473) is required prior to the disposition of an NFA firearm (which under the NFA expressly includes a silencer) to an unlicensed person. The approved Form 4 indicates registration of the firearm/silencer to the transferee in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record. These federal requirements apply regardless of whether the NFA firearm/silencer has crossed state lines.

If you have questions regarding federal firearms laws and regulations, please contact your local ATF office. ATF works closely with the firearms industry and appreciates the important role the industry plays in combating violent crime. A list of ATF field office phone numbers is found at https://www.atf.gov/contact/atf-field-divisions.​

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Customer yesterday......

I can buy a flame thrower without any paperwork but I can't buy a suppressor without it?

Yes, sir, that is correct............

Unfortunately this is common - jump thru hoops for something minor, but a free for all for something major.

E.g.
    We once adopted a cat.
    It took my wife hours of paper work and phone screenings, they even came to our house to ensure it would be acceptable.
    For a cat.
    That they’d put-down had we not adopted it.

Meanwhile, we recently had a kid.
    No paperwork.
    No visiting house.
    Any gal with a pulse can have babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Unfortunately this is common - just thru hoops for something minor, but a free for all for something major.

E.g.
    We once adopted a cat.
    It took my wife hours of paper work and phone screenings, they even came to our house to ensure it would be acceptable.
    For a cat.

Meanwhile, we recently had a kid.
    No paperwork.
    No visiting house.
    Any gal with a pulse can have babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You can get FREE KITTENS at most any Walmart parking lot. (maybe a kid too? maybe an illegal alien kid?)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    We once adopted a cat.
    For a cat.
    Yup. Was going to adopt a Boxer a while back....he was scheduled to be put down by the end of the week. I looked at the "application" with a jaundiced eye - but when they talked about the "qualifying visit to be sure we were "good enough", I told 'em to shove the dog.

Top Bottom