Lynx Defense

Texas to LEGALIZE - Brass Knuckles, Clubs, Tomahawks, and more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "Green Monster"? Refresh my memory. I've slept a couple of times since then.
    It has been a while I may be thinking of someone else but one of you guys had a double stack 1911 in the most gloriously tacticool shade of OD for sale back in the old days

Woops typo

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    As an aside I knew a kid in high-school in San Antonio that always carried a billiards ball in a sweat sock

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    What about pepper / CS spray in Texas? Legal to carry now?

Pepper spray in legal as long as it doesn't have "LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT" on it and the law says that it has to be the kind that goes on your key ring and/or the active ingredients are 10% Oleoresin Capsicum, 2,000,000 SHU and 1.33% Major Capsaicinoids.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Pepper spray in legal as long as it doesn't have "LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT" on it and the law says that it has to be the kind that goes on your key ring and/or the active ingredients are 10% Oleoresin Capsicum, 2,000,000 SHU and 1.33% Major Capsaicinoids.
    Care to post a link in the penal code where it says this? ;)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can remember making "brass" knuckles out of black iron pipe in high school shop class. Our ag shop teacher was pretty damn cool!

We would cut off rings of black pipe on the band saw, then weld them up, then shape them with the grinder and smooth them out with files.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Take this for what its worth.

When I took the LTC class class, I asked the instructor about the legality of pepper spray and brass knuckles. He said that ANY size pepper spray IS now legal and any type and style of brass knuckles, home made or store bought is legal and doesn't matter what they look like, ie..welded on spikes, etc, etc.

But if you google the Texas pepper spray law, it details what you can have and what you cannot have.

Your call if you want to have any of these.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ok, i have a golden ticket idea guys, we make a knuckle duster that is hollow stainless with a port through which you can charge it with OC from one of those large containers. In-between the knuckles you put atomizer nozzles and a thumb activated release switch.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Take this for what its worth.

When I took the LTC class class, I asked the instructor about the legality of pepper spray and brass knuckles. He said that ANY size pepper spray IS now legal and any type and style of brass knuckles, home made or store bought is legal and doesn't matter what they look like, ie..welded on spikes, etc, etc.

But if you google the Texas pepper spray law, it details what you can have and what you cannot have.

Your call if you want to have any of these.
    What the definition in the penal code is concerning “chemical dispensing devices”
    (14) "Chemical dispensing device" means a device, other than a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection, that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of dispensing a substance capable of causing an adverse psychological or physiological effect on a human being.

No where does it say squat about being marked “law enforcement only”

Sounds like your LTC instructor might not be very well informed.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Whoa by that logic instead of OC you could use jimson weed extract dissolved in DMSO?

Sell it commercially in small package marketed for personal defense through psychological effects?

Craaazy

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Tastes like garlic

Hey if you are getting mugged and the bad guys dead grandma walks up and starts chewing him out for being abad boy that may just cause a pretty good psychological reaction....

Top Bottom