Join TexasGunTalk

Texas to LEGALIZE - Brass Knuckles, Clubs, Tomahawks, and more.

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Southpaw, May 15, 2019.

1. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Thanks to info gleaned from this thread, I now have heard of a "hard plastic kitty keychain".

mad88minute likes this.
  2. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    We have way too many dumb and oppressive laws on the books. I think we should have a complete review of all Federal and State Laws. Everything should have a time limit to be automatically repealed unless a vote is held to renew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MetalCutter

MetalCutter Life is too short for cheap cigars!

Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    If you insist on carrying a baseball bat in your car a least include a baseball glove and ball with it. Your lawyer will thank you.

dogbone, Renegade and BillFairbanks like this.
  4. Sublime

Sublime Active Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Totally agree. If I want to be a Ray Donovan and keep a wooden baseball bat in my trunk for "purposes" other than baseball, well I should not go to jail for it.

5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Here’s one for you;

About 25 years ago I had done very well in the Capitol City Classic Dart Tournament.( placed 1st in a single’s event and a team event as well as 2nd in another single’s event) I was tipping a few back at my favorite bar downtown and was getting in a cab to leave when APD stopped the cab and wanted to talk to me. ( 6’4’ guy with a foot tall mohawk ) took my ID, patted me down and threatened to arrest me for the darts as they could be considered throwing knives.

I simply said do what you have to do but be sure when you are inventorying my property you include the two trophy’s and the plaque from the nationally recognized dart tournament.

An older officer arrived and told me to just go on home. With my $200 Black Widow darts.

10% of any profession.

equin, Southpaw and GoPappy like this.
  6. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    With as much as I like to mock the UK for their silly laws, I hope nobody tells them that in Texas it’s legal to have a loaded AR-15 in the car but you could get arrested for having a baseball bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Plenty of limey's here in Texas.

8. RedArmy

RedArmy Active Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I'm not sure carrying a baseball glove and a couple of balls would work for out for me if stopped by the cops.:laughing:

9lwlkh7.jpg

FN6syq3.jpg

9. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    In the UK, just walking with a cane is considered being in possession of a deadly weapon. You have to keep a copy of your prescription on you at all times or you're subject to arrest.

At least, that's what I've read on travel sites cautioning elderly travelers who use a cane not to visit London without paper to prove medical necessity for the cane. In practice, I'd guess it's just up to the mood of whatever policeman you encounter.

Southpaw and BillFairbanks like this.
  10. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Goodfuckingchrist that reads like a Monty Python skit.