• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'll probably get mugged for this, but they played to lose today. Nebraska should have taken that W home.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'll probably get mugged for this, but they played to lose today. Nebraska should have taken that W home.

Agreed... Anyone cocky with Texas winning the way they did does not know football.

Granted a W is a W but play like that and Bama is gonna smoke them. Its sad that they are going IMO.... TCU or Cincinnati should be going IMO..

JOe

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    I agree with you both, Texas just barely got that field goal to squeek by. They won't win next time playing like that. They will get smoked ,and I'm a big Texas fan. I think Alabama is just mucho mas caliente for them longhorns this year. But am still hoping for an upset.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    There needs to be a play off. Idk what happened to us. Our line didnt block at all. Colt never really had time to look up before they were in his face. That number 11 pissed me off aka butterfingers needs to be on the bench. Bad clock management, special teams almost didnt tackle. Nebraska came to play and there was a Jerry Jones/ Romo hex on us.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I agree with you both, Texas just barely got that field goal to squeek by. They won't win next time playing like that. They will get smoked ,and I'm a big Texas fan. I think Alabama is just mucho mas caliente for them longhorns this year. But am still hoping for an upset.

Alabama and Texas never play each other. The same was said in 2005 when USC was rolling off their cake walk schedule ahead of Texas with stars in their eyes and an "unbeatable" team. Well, Texas beat them.

Everyone rides Texas, it's like the new past time in the BCS. Unfortunately, Texas is a team that does not give up until the game is over, just like today. They may not play their best every game, but no team does.

We'll see how Alabama plays against Texas, and visa-versa.

Absolutely NO ONE can fault Texas's defense today ... they held Nebraska to 106 yards total on the day.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I don't know what's been up with that offensive line the past 2 weeks, but they need to get their $hit straightened out. Won't win any game when you let the quarterback get sacked 8+ times! Gotta give Colt time in the pocket to let those wide receivers get down field and make the big plays we're used to. HOPEFULLY with a month to prepare they can get whipped back into shape.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Not sure I "ride Texas". Last night I was an observer of a football game without any claim to either team. I watched several football games yesterday where I had no stake in who wins or loses and commented on the teams and their performance. Like Pitt and Cincy. One screw up by Pitt. Just like I lived with "a free throw can win a game" Pitt crashed because they screwed up an PAT early on and it bit them in the end.

"Riding Texas"? No. Come on Alan. Not everyone who does comment is doing so with a chip on their shoulder. You know as well as anyone here that they played like ass yesterday whether you root for them or not. Nebraska came to play.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Alabama might be good but they don't have Suh.. that big bastard singlehandedly changed that game. The Texas O Line which has been solid for so long looked like a junior high line against the Nebraska D.

If Texas' D shows up like they did last night, and the offensive line shakes off the drubbing they took last night the Horn's have a very strong chance of winning that game. It will help that everyone for the next 4 weeks will be telling Alabama that they are the shoe in so maybe they will believe it and we can rape them from behind like we did the University of Spoiled Children 4 years go...

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Dang, you guys make me wish I'd seen the rest of the game. We got home & turned on the tv to see approx 2 minutes left in the 4th. Nebraska took a field goal, Colt nearly let the clock run out, then Texas took a field goal.

Either way, I'm still glad Texas won......but, I'm not going to go back and watch the rest of the game. That last 2-2.5 minutes was good enough.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Well I "thought" after the offense had the week off against A&M they would be ready to play, give Colt a shot at the Heisman but I was wrong and it cost me some dinero.
    I do not think many of us here are as shocked at the play on the field as the folks watching Florida- I think when Texas meets Alabama they will not play any worse, its not really possible, its going to be flat ass embarrassing to watch.......again

To sum it up- who calls a running play when its 3 & 30? Fred Akers and_______ ?

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Not sure I "ride Texas". Last night I was an observer of a football game without any claim to either team. I watched several football games yesterday where I had no stake in who wins or loses and commented on the teams and their performance. Like Pitt and Cincy. One screw up by Pitt. Just like I lived with "a free throw can win a game" Pitt crashed because they screwed up an PAT early on and it bit them in the end.

"Riding Texas"? No. Come on Alan. Not everyone who does comment is doing so with a chip on their shoulder. You know as well as anyone here that they played like ass yesterday whether you root for them or not. Nebraska came to play.

Gotta agre with Shorts on this one. I'm a big Texas fan but they deserved to lose that game. Bad coaching and bad play execution. Why in the hell would you take a chance on time running out by throwing the ball out of bounds with only one second on the clock. STUPID.......STUPID!

android

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Why in the hell would you take a chance on time running out by throwing the ball out of bounds with only one second on the clock. STUPID.......STUPID!

Yes. I can understand not wanting to have to do a kickoff and risking Neb running the ball back, but they could have taken a TO, rather than thrown OOB. That was just STOOPID!!

It's been my longstanding belief that the UT football team suffers from overconfidence almost every year. They always play like they expect the win to be easy. When they actually have to play football, it gets tough for them.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX

Nope, I agree. Nebraska came to play... their weak offense and a strong Texas Defense made the difference. IMHO, the two touchdown spread should have been about right. After the game, Colt talked about having 15 seconds... the commentators were syaing "15 seconds? What clock was he looking at?".

If Texas doesn't get the offense back in synch, they'll get embarrassed by 'Bama. They've got the D to play with them, but the offense needs to hit at least one gear.

Keep this in mind, both South Carolina and Arkansas gave Alabama a good game. Carolina was like Nebraska, if they had at least a smidgen of offense, they'd have won.

That said, Go Horns!!!

Jeff B.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    They won't beat the Tide if the team that barely beat Nebraska shows up in Pasadena. Hopefully the team that beat the Sooners will.

I have to admit I was torn on my loyalty in that game, state pride vs maybe TCU getting a better position in the BCS if Texas loses.....

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Well the problem is the offensive play calling and not sticking with the run. I guarantee you if they kept running Newton, he would start clicking and break some runs....

That being said, I am watching the BCS bowl selections and it is pretty insulting to the teams that are undefeated to have all the hoopla and tell them how lucky they are to be going to the Fiesta Bowl (read TCU and Boise, and Cincy in the Sugar)...

I am a huge UT fan and have been all my life, but, its also insulting to us to not have a playoff. We as a team should want to beat everyone to get there to prove we are the undisputed champion, but there will always be a doubt for whoever wins since there are undefeated teams left hanging out there.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I watched Alabama and Florida. Alabama has an offense And a defense. Texas CANNOT play like they did Saturday and stay on the field with them.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well the problem is the offensive play calling and not sticking with the run. I guarantee you if they kept running Newton, he would start clicking and break some runs....

That being said, I am watching the BCS bowl selections and it is pretty insulting to the teams that are undefeated to have all the hoopla and tell them how lucky they are to be going to the Fiesta Bowl (read TCU and Boise, and Cincy in the Sugar)...

I am a huge UT fan and have been all my life, but, its also insulting to us to not have a playoff. We as a team should want to beat everyone to get there to prove we are the undisputed champion, but there will always be a doubt for whoever wins since there are undefeated teams left hanging out there.

Sick huh... Pisses me off that Boise and TCU get to be thrown under the rug and not KILL a BCS conference team and get more respect. They get to shut them up about a BCS game but keep them out of the spotlight. Total crap.

TCU Vs. Alabama for the National Championship.
    Boise State Vs. Florida

JOe

Top Bottom