Texas wins!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kingofwylietx, Dec 5, 2009.

1. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Take that, Nebraska!

2. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'll probably get mugged for this, but they played to lose today. Nebraska should have taken that W home.

3. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Agreed... Anyone cocky with Texas winning the way they did does not know football.

Granted a W is a W but play like that and Bama is gonna smoke them. Its sad that they are going IMO.... TCU or Cincinnati should be going IMO..

JOe

4. Leadpot

Leadpot Active Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    I agree with you both, Texas just barely got that field goal to squeek by. They won't win next time playing like that. They will get smoked ,and I'm a big Texas fan. I think Alabama is just mucho mas caliente for them longhorns this year. But am still hoping for an upset.

5. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    There needs to be a play off. Idk what happened to us. Our line didnt block at all. Colt never really had time to look up before they were in his face. That number 11 pissed me off aka butterfingers needs to be on the bench. Bad clock management, special teams almost didnt tackle. Nebraska came to play and there was a Jerry Jones/ Romo hex on us.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Alabama and Texas never play each other. The same was said in 2005 when USC was rolling off their cake walk schedule ahead of Texas with stars in their eyes and an "unbeatable" team. Well, Texas beat them.

Everyone rides Texas, it's like the new past time in the BCS. Unfortunately, Texas is a team that does not give up until the game is over, just like today. They may not play their best every game, but no team does.

We'll see how Alabama plays against Texas, and visa-versa.

Absolutely NO ONE can fault Texas's defense today ... they held Nebraska to 106 yards total on the day.

7. saltydog

saltydog Member

Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    won't beat bama with the offense in suck mode

8. rsayloriii

rsayloriii TGT Addict

May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I don't know what's been up with that offensive line the past 2 weeks, but they need to get their $hit straightened out. Won't win any game when you let the quarterback get sacked 8+ times! Gotta give Colt time in the pocket to let those wide receivers get down field and make the big plays we're used to. HOPEFULLY with a month to prepare they can get whipped back into shape.

9. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Not sure I "ride Texas". Last night I was an observer of a football game without any claim to either team. I watched several football games yesterday where I had no stake in who wins or loses and commented on the teams and their performance. Like Pitt and Cincy. One screw up by Pitt. Just like I lived with "a free throw can win a game" Pitt crashed because they screwed up an PAT early on and it bit them in the end.

"Riding Texas"? No. Come on Alan. Not everyone who does comment is doing so with a chip on their shoulder. You know as well as anyone here that they played like ass yesterday whether you root for them or not. Nebraska came to play.

10. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Alabama might be good but they don't have Suh.. that big bastard singlehandedly changed that game. The Texas O Line which has been solid for so long looked like a junior high line against the Nebraska D.

If Texas' D shows up like they did last night, and the offensive line shakes off the drubbing they took last night the Horn's have a very strong chance of winning that game. It will help that everyone for the next 4 weeks will be telling Alabama that they are the shoe in so maybe they will believe it and we can rape them from behind like we did the University of Spoiled Children 4 years go...