• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "Riding Texas"? No. Come on Alan. Not everyone who does comment is doing so with a chip on their shoulder. You know as well as anyone here that they played like ass yesterday whether you root for them or not. Nebraska came to play.

I've just heard it all year from people that aren't Texas fans.

Texas's offense had trouble and played poorly, their defense played one hell of a game. A football team isn't just the offense. If you want to make a point, Texas's offense played a hell of alot better than Nebraska's. It was a defensive showdown.
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sick huh... Pisses me off that Boise and TCU get to be thrown under the rug and not KILL a BCS conference team and get more respect. They get to shut them up about a BCS game but keep them out of the spotlight. Total crap.

TCU Vs. Alabama for the National Championship.
    Boise State Vs. Florida

JOe

TCU deserves the bowl game they got. It should be a good one. When they can play UT, OSU, Tech, A&M, etc. in their regular season then they can play with the big boys.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think Alabama will take the Championship, they've played a hard schedule and have done extremely well this year. I think they are a better team than Texas, but if Texas is one thing ... it's clutch.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    TCU deserves the bowl game they got. It should be a good one. When they can play UT, OSU, Tech, A&M, etc. in their regular season then they can play with the big boys.

I don't know about grouping A&M and Tech in with the big boys but I think that the big 12 should be reworked like they did with the big ten when it grew to eleven... i think houston and tcu should jump in on the action... much more deserving than baylor...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about grouping A&M and Tech in with the big boys but I think that the big 12 should be reworked like they did with the big ten when it grew to eleven... i think houston and tcu should jump in on the action... much more deserving than baylor...

I would like to see TCU replace Baylor. TCU has a great sports program, their baseball and football teams seem to do well consistently.

My point is ... if TCU wants to be in the big BCS category then they can earn it like the rest of the teams.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've just heard it all year from people that aren't Texas fans.

Texas's offense had trouble and played poorly, their defense played one hell of a game. A football team isn't just the offense. If you want to make a point, Texas's offense played a hell of alot better than Nebraska's. It was a defensive showdown.

That's every team (hearing about it). And you know you hear about it every year. What's new? Its the same thing I get with the Cowboys during NFL season or the Spurs during NBA. JOIN THE CLUB

Don't be sore about it.

Texas has been blase` about the last few of their games. Fan or not, if they don't straighten up they'll get their butt handed to them. You can give away chances in a big game when every decision matters.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    I'll start-

Alabama will win by 16 pts at least
    The Defensive will be there, at least they recovered after A&M ran on them vs
    the offense who still seems on vacation
    Colt will have another bout of the flu
    and the offensive line will still be hanging around the brass pole lounge at 3am
    before the game.
    I am not sure I would even take Texas and 16, closer to 20-
    I will be in Lost Wages before the game-
    ANyone know if there is any way to cash in (provided one won) from out of town?
    Figure no way to certify mail it to them and expect a check-
    reckon that would be illegal

saltydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    el paso
    i've watched bama off and on this season. was not impressed with their offense. kinda looked like the cowboys. tons of talent but not much from their qb. well he showed up for the florida game. the only way texas can beat them is for him to fall back into his poor performance mode he was in early in the season. colt needs to forget the heisman for now and concentrate on the national championship. texas win vs. bama just might earn it for him if the offense doesn't show signs of struggling.
    just my 2 cents. definately pulling for the longhorns

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    I really do not see Colt getting the trophy. He is not playing like he did last year or not being allowed to- excuses, might not even be Tebow either- Suh had a great game, not sure if he has played that well the whole year. Ingram was great in the SEC game- Might do well if he has another great game.

Top Bottom