• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I disagree with training to extend out in a defensive shooting situation.Shooting defensively should be done from retention. Cool holsters though.
    reminds me of this :

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I disagree with training to extend out in a defensive shooting situation.Shooting defensively should be done from retention. Cool holsters though.
    reminds me of this :

Huh?? I usually associate shooting from retention to mean with the gun tucked close to the body to minimize an assailants ability to get their hands on the gun. Perfect for hands on distances, but useless at greater distance due to an inability to use sights. Defensive shootings can occur at various distances so the defender should know how to handle each in the most efficient manner. No cookie cutter out there.

Not sure I like the idea of soft sided holsters, especially belly bands worn at 12 o'clock where one may actually bump into shit.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Huh?? I usually associate shooting from retention to mean with the gun tucked close to the body to minimize an assailants ability to get their hands on the gun. Perfect for hands on distances, but useless at greater distance due to an inability to use sights. Defensive shootings can occur at various distances so the defender should know how to handle each in the most efficient manner. No cookie cutter out there.

Not sure I like the idea of soft sided holsters, especially belly bands worn at 12 o'clock where one may actually bump into shit.
    I have absolutely no issues with hitting COM at distances out to 10 yards shooting from retention. I believe your first shot should come from this position.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have absolutely no issues with hitting COM at distances out to 10 yards shooting from retention. I believe your first shot should come from this position.

Hoji is a brother and good instructor; however,

I, and the majority of modern defensive pistolcraft trainers, disagree. And further than arms reach it offers no advantage and suffers from disadvantage.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji is a brother and good instructor; however,

I, and the majority of modern defensive pistolcraft trainers, disagree. And further than arms reach it offers no advantage and suffers from disadvantage.
    YAY! I get to disagree with you for a change!!!!! :)

I would say that most encounters that non LE/Security have with violent offenders happens well within arms reach, especially with women( think purse snatch/ strong arm robbery, rape etc)
    I feel that being able to get the shot off and on target from retention offers the best chance to :A) survive the encounter and B) retain possession of your gun.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    YAY! I get to disagree with you for a change!!!!! :)

I would say that most encounters that non LE/Security have with violent offenders happens well within arms reach, especially with women( think purse snatch/ strong arm robbery, rape etc)
    I feel that being able to get the shot off and on target from retention offers the best chance to :A) survive the encounter and B) retain possession of your gun.

I agree. From arms length. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I agree. From arms length. ;)
    Lol. As old and slow as I am, I will defeat most people's trigger pull if you are within arm's reach of me. A lot of the "professional criminal" class work on the same techniques while away at "university". Not disagreeing that if the subject has made his intentions known at 10-15 feet away, sure, extend away and stop the threat.
    I just do not believe that it happens that way more often than not.

Top Bottom