Lynx Defense

Texas3006.com Android App Now Available!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Just downloaded and saw this thread. So far so good

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I just downloaded this app for iPhone. Anyone have experience with this app? How accurate is it? I just wanna make sure I can depend on it. Don't wanna accidentally carry into a 30.06 and get charged with a misdemeanor.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just downloaded this app for iPhone. Anyone have experience with this app? How accurate is it? I just wanna make sure I can depend on it. Don't wanna accidentally carry into a 30.06 and get charged with a misdemeanor.

The thing to be careful of are updates to your phone's OS. Many apps have to get reconsent to access certain capabilities (such as GPS) after an update, and I found this app wasn't sending out the notifications that I was getting prior because of that.

But to be honest, I wouldn't trust any app with something as important as 30.06/30.07 signage. While such programs are helpful, I always make it a priority to check the entrances of any business I am entering while carrying for those signs.

If this app notifies me in advance, great; but it's not foolproof and I would hate to pick up a Class C misdemeanor (punishable by a fine not to exceed $200) because I relied solely on it!

Cheers! M2

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    The thing to be careful of are updates to your phone's OS. Many apps have to get reconsent to access certain capabilities (such as GPS) after an update, and I found this app wasn't sending out the notifications that I was getting prior because of that.

But to be honest, I wouldn't trust any app with something as important as 30.06/30.07 signage. While such programs are helpful, I always make it a priority to check the entrances of any business I am entering while carrying for those signs.

If this app notifies me in advance, great; but it's not foolproof and I would hate to pick up a Class C misdemeanor (punishable by a fine not to exceed $200) because I relied solely on it!

Cheers! M2
    Thanks for the reply. I know the law dictates that the 3006 sign must be conspicuous and all, but if say I'm going to a shopping mall are they required to have it on all the entrances into the building? What if I carried it in through a door that didn't have the 3006 sign, but all the other doors did?

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

Entries to the Texas3006 database come from volunteers that post the info about the location/business.

Thus, if there is an entry it is most likely indicative of a 30.06 and/or 30.07 or 51% sign posting.

The lack of an entry does not necessarily mean that the location is not posted. It is quite possible that no one has bothered to make the entry or that facts have changed.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    You can help make the app better by adding any locations that are posted that are not currently on the list.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks for the reply. I know the law dictates that the 3006 sign must be conspicuous and all, but if say I'm going to a shopping mall are they required to have it on all the entrances into the building? What if I carried it in through a door that didn't have the 3006 sign, but all the other doors did?

You tell me...

Texas Penal Code §30.06. Trespass by License Holder With a Concealed Handgun

(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:

(1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, [FN1] on property of another without effective consent;  and

(2) received notice that:

(A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden;  or

(B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
    <Text of (a) effective January 1, 2016>

(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:

(1) carries a concealed handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,  [FN1] on property of another without effective consent;  and

(2) received notice that entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden.

(b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.

(c) In this section:

(1) “Entry” has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).

(2) “License holder” has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).

(3) “Written communication” means:
    <Text of (c)(3)(A) effective until Jan. 1, 2016>

(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following:  “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”;  or
    <Text of (c)(3)(A) effective Jan. 1, 2016>

(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following:  “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code ( handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”;  or

(B) a sign posted on the property that:

(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;

(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height;  and

(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    <Text of (d) effective until January 1, 2016>

(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    <Text of (d) effective January 1, 2016>

(d) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

Unlike 30.07, which has a requirement that the sign "is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public at each entrance to the property;" 30.06 doesn't say anywhere that it has to be posted at every entrance.

Of course, it would have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law that you were aware of the notice and failed to comply. How much you want to risk that is your call. Personally, if I know there is a 30.06 sign present, I won't go onto the property armed (preferably giving my business to another company that respects such rights).

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom