• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    So.. I have a feeling I'm not alone on this... anyone else banned from that site?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I'm not banned from it. But since I finished tracking the delivery of my license, I've found really very little use for it. That is the one run by Mr. Cotton, right? I've heard tell a few folks have butted heads with him or his monitoring, based on differing views or perspectives. But I never had any issues with him, either directly or indirectly. I recognized early on, that's HIS site and he's at liberty to run it anyway he wants to. As far as I know he set it up, he funds it and he runs it; he can do with it as it pleases him. No one held a gun to my head and forced me to join. And in fact, once it had served the purpose of tracking the length of time for the DPS to process my CHL, I pretty much tuned out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    That's the only reason I signed up as well (still waiting though). I dunno why I got booted, but it is what it is.. lol

ikillbugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Gun Barrel City
    Interesting. I recently applied for my LTC and stumbled across that site. I signed up today (registered) and was almost immediately banned. After a couple cordial emails I am now "welcome" on the site (having to use a different username). Turns out they thought I was somebody else who was banned, and trying to get in using a proxy and alias email address. I assured them it wasn't me and they let me in, but still it was quite annoying.

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Interesting. I recently applied for my LTC and stumbled across that site. I signed up today (registered) and was almost immediately banned. After a couple cordial emails I am now "welcome" on the site (having to use a different username). Turns out they thought I was somebody else who was banned, and trying to get in using a proxy and alias email address. I assured them it wasn't me and they let me in, but still it was quite annoying.
    Lol, that was probably my bad... they banned my username "kevo" with no explanation. After that, I made "another_kevo", "still_kevo_shhhh", and "uh_ohhh_its_kevo"... just to piss him off

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    So.. I have a feeling I'm not alone on this... anyone else banned from that site?

Yep. We're not supposed to talk about politics unless those politics favor one viewpoint. I prefer here where we are free to disagree (which means I'm right and eventually you will understand) or Firing Line's policy of no politics in general. I don't view a one political view is acceptable when its near firearm rights because-as it is fast becoming-its becoming a balkanized political issue like everything else.

But its his board he can do what he likes, which is fine too.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

Yea but are you sure you are you? :)

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    **** that!

(See what I did there?)

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

kevo62

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Lol, I got a 3 day ban and a warning for this one

a333b8caa3f5e128baa2ba2de7080f4b.jpg

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have had several disagreements with how things are run there, but am not banned.

Had one thread I started where people started bickering with each other, and then my thread was closed instead of the perpetrators getting action against them. Didn't agree with that.

Had another thread where I posted a link that the NRA was supporting the no fly list, and still not having true due process. Cotton jumped on my case, stating that the libertarian website was a "liberal rag" and that the NRA would never do such a thing. However, I never saw one true stance from the NRA that showed they would only support legislation that kept due process in place.

I go there for any technical knowledge/gun news, but stay out of political discussions, because if you don't support certain ideas, you will get thrown to the wolves. And don't you dare say anything negative about the NRA.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Yeah they ban anyone who disagrees with them, even when they are 100% wrong.

Anyone wondering why our CHL laws are screwed, look no further than the Owner, Charles Cotton, he has authored many of these horribly written laws.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I never understood the whole .3006 / .3007 sign thing in the first place. Like anything else, put a sign up and if a person does it ask them to leave or you would call the cops for a trespasser. Sorry that was OT.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have had several disagreements with how things are run there, but am not banned.

Had one thread I started where people started bickering with each other, and then my thread was closed instead of the perpetrators getting action against them. Didn't agree with that.

Had another thread where I posted a link that the NRA was supporting the no fly list, and still not having true due process. Cotton jumped on my case, stating that the libertarian website was a "liberal rag" and that the NRA would never do such a thing. However, I never saw one true stance from the NRA that showed they would only support legislation that kept due process in place.

I go there for any technical knowledge/gun news, but stay out of political discussions, because if you don't support certain ideas, you will get thrown to the wolves. And don't you dare say anything negative about the NRA.

Kind of hard to keep an organization on the straight and narrow path when you can't criticize them when they do wrong. Of course, that's only what I consider logical.

Top Bottom