Lynx Defense

TexasGunTrader.com now charging for ads...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

f250freak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Just FYI... $5 for an unlimited ad (until it sells).

Can't even post a WTB for free. No way I'm paying to post a WTB. Especially after 3 different deals in the past 2 weeks have backed out literally the day I've already got cash in hand to complete a transaction.

Frustrating.
    Lynx Defense

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You don't think sites like these pop up with the intention of being 100% free do you? Get traffic then introduce revenue streams. None of this gets built, managed and supported for free.

f250freak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    I fully understand website costs.

I personally have 15 domains registered, 3 active right now. Two of those are full blown shopping cart systems. One is strictly a wiki and chat room for some online gamers. All self installed, managed & paid.

My main point was to let people know about the change.

wilded

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Texas
    They should charge for business adds or sponsors but not for individuals. Just watch their participation and number of readers will go down real quick as less and less adds are posted. Somebody needs to start a forum like this one for all of us that has a classified section. JMHO

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    They should charge for business adds or sponsors but not for individuals. Just watch their participation and number of readers will go down real quick as less and less adds are posted. Somebody needs to start a forum like this one for all of us that has a classified section. JMHO

we did have a classified section but they took it out a little while ago.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yep.......an' frankly, it's one less site for me to worry with now. It's a shame, I've gotten some good deals there, and given some good deals. Oh, well. Anyone know another one?

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    If I wanted to pay for an ad, I would stick with Gunbroker.

Oh well, plenty of other sites to buy/sell/trade with.

SIGForum
    AR15
    FAL Files
    etc...

Banjoman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Azle
    What a rip off ! They must be crazy if they think I am giving them my credit card number. Craigslist is free although you cant sell firearms. There are a lots of free classifieds websites. Gun Broker gets a huge amount of traffic so, thats where I will sell from now on. Gun trader should have sold some ads. I smelled a fish when this website closed its classifieds section...........

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I smelled a fish when this website closed its classifieds section...........

This website's classifieds were closed due to a member selling guns illegally. So rather than me being sued over it, or possibly held liable to some degree (I think we can all agree the ATF makes it's own rules), I chose to put an end to it. I sought out David at TGTrader as a means of giving our members a local alternative.

I'd appreciate some degree of professionalism when I provide this site to you free of cost, out of my own pocket.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    This website's classifieds were closed due to a member selling guns illegally. So rather than me being sued over it, or possibly held liable to some degree (I think we can all agree the ATF makes it's own rules), I chose to put an end to it. I sought out David at TGTrader as a means of giving our members a local alternative.

I'd appreciate some degree of professionalism when I provide this site to you free of cost, out of my own pocket.

I checked those adds everyday and they all looked legit to me. its not our problem someone broke the rules.. just my .02

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I checked those adds everyday and they all looked legit to me. its not our problem someone broke the rules.. just my .02

What's this "our" crap? It's not your website, it's Alan's, and it is most assuredly his problem if someone was using his website to sell guns illegally...and it's his right to do something about it. He doesn't have to answer to you in that regard.

Also, how in hell can you verify the legitimacy of an ad just by "checking" it? How do you know that I am not a convicted felon, or the gun that I am listing is not stolen, etc?

:rolleyes:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have to agree - faced with potential legal action, there's not a whole lot of choice for someone doing things with little to no revenue stream. It's a crying shame that a jerk screwed things up. I only hope that they toss his tail under the freakin' jail!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom