Join TexasGunTalk

TexasGunTrader LEO Meetup To Run S/N of Firearm?

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Clint1994, Dec 25, 2017.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes, and I'm still not sure that was the whole story now. Your situation was understandable and completely reasonable.

2. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
  3. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    MTA89 likes this.
  4. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    If I am buying or selling based on a TgunT ad, I want other people around for the meet up. Only daylight meetups for me, and only in a safe place, no matter if I am buying or selling.

And I always use snap caps to function check what ever I am looking to buy and I don't want to meet somewhere that people will freak out if they see a gun being handled.

I bought a used shotgun last week so the meetup was in the parking lot of one the Red's ranges where a gun would not be a big deal. As it turns out, the TgunT seller was LEO and he was selling his personal crusier gun. I have also bought a handgun from a member here and we did it is the parking lot of GTD with lots of LEO coming and going.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    easy rider and MTA89 like this.
  5. MTA89

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    No worries. I use texas gun trader daily so I figured I would post them so others can read them at the source.

I agree. I do business on there almost weekly and I set forth basic requirements similar to yours. No meeting at night, meeting in public places with a good amount of traffic, speak english and I only deal with people who have an LTC. Following these rules has allowed me to get some awesome deals

6. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The SAPD has safe zones at its six substations for online transactions, there are designated parking spaces that are monitored by camera. Exchanges can also take place in a substation lobby. Note that both locations are considered public portions of the building, therefore under Texas Government Code ยง411.207 there is no requirement to disarm a licensed individual although they still retain the right to do so...

If I don't know a seller, I will insist on meeting at one!

7. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Sounds like it was a slow day in lc

8. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I posted a shotgun for sale on another list. The first response was, "Is it still for sale". Duh, it's posted. Here's the second response;

"Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. I`m ready to buy it and the condition of the Gun is good for that the price. I wont be able to come make the pickup myself but i have a FFL Dealer which i told i would buy a Gun and he said its OK if i wont be making the pickup myself because i just relocated and i still have my properties i`m moving from your area which the FFL Dealer would come with the movers to move my properties and the Gun. He would come with the Copy of the FFL so you will apply signatures where necessary for transfer. I will be making payment with a cashier check and after you have received it and clears through your bank, they we`ll arrange the local pickup. I will to add an extra $100 to the asking price to secure purchase for me till check arrives and cashed. Please get in touch with mailing details to mail payment to. Include phone # as well for fluent communication. Thank you "

What do you think my response is? How about "Not for Sale"

They are still out there!

9. MTA89

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    Just send the gun to my friend. He is a nigerian prince

10. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I think I know that guy too!!!!

He offered me a large sum of money if I would transfer through a bank draft..............................

MTA89 likes this.