• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Went to a gun show with my son(18) was walking through looking at the crazy high prices. And a man at a texit booth asked me if I knew what texit was and to sign his petition. I looked at my son and smiled my kid without missing a beat said you’re to clean cut not to be a fed.(the guy didn’t say a word) I looked at the list and people had already signed up. Name,phone number and address.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Went to a gun show with my son(18) was walking through looking at the crazy high prices. And a man at a texit booth asked me if I knew what texit was and to sign his petition. I looked at my son and smiled my kid without missing a beat said you’re to clean cut not to be a fed.(the guy didn’t say a word) I looked at the list and people had already signed up. Name,phone number and address.
    You failed to sign an important petition, a step toward Texas independence... a petition to put this question on the 2022 Republican Primary Ballot...

“I know that the purpose of this petition is to place a referendum on the 2022 general primary ballot for the REPUBLICAN PARTY that states:
    ‘The State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation. FOR OR AGAINST’

That guy was a Certified Petition Collector for the Texas Nationalist Movement!

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Texas will not be able to succeed. No matter what document was signed years ago. Secondly if they manage to. The United States would move the military in and take your land and claim it as part of the USA.
    The US military shows up to take land you’ll either be killed and they will get your land. Or you will comply and spare your family’s life. We might not like this but it’s the facts.

Biden’s government labels parents that care about their children’s education a domestic terrorist. Not signing any documents that collects people’s information at a gun show. What better place to find radicals.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    y’all must stop reading before read the whole resolution.
    And Texas surrendered to the Union during at the end of the civil war 1865 ( that by itself should end any secession talk) but some of you are as brain dead as a liberal.

The Republic of Texas did not join the United States until 1845, when Congress approved the Joint Resolution for Annexing Texas to the United States.

This resolution, which stipulated that Texas could, in the future, choose to divide itself into “New States of convenient size not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas” is often a cause of confusion about the state’s ability to secede. But the language of the resolution is clear: Texas can split itself into five new states. It says nothing of splitting apart from the United States.
    Enjoy your ignorant bliss.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    The Republic of Texas did not join the United States until 1845, when Congress approved the Joint Resolution for Annexing Texas to the United States.

This resolution, which stipulated that Texas could, in the future, choose to divide itself into “New States of convenient size not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas” is often a cause of confusion about the state’s ability to secede. But the language of the resolution is clear: Texas can split itself into five new states. It says nothing of splitting apart from the United States.
    Even if we cannot secede, the solution of dissolution into multiple states still might prove useful.
    Such as: keep Texas as Texas but create a new state within: The Commie Republic of Awwsten, Californians And Libtards. And give them 1 vote in the electoral college. Wouldn't that help our great state? Change my mind.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Even if we cannot secede, the solution of dissolution into multiple states still might prove useful.
    Such as: keep Texas as Texas but create a new state within: The Commie Republic of Awwsten, Californians And Libtards. And give them 1 vote in the electoral college. Wouldn't that help our great state? Change my mind.
    That’s something I can agree with.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Nowhere in the Constitution are States denied the right to seceed.

Even in Texas vs. White (1969), where the Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional, it was recognized that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession.

The first step in the pathway to legal secession is to determine the will of the people by their vote as addressed by the proposed question to be placed on the Republican Primary Ballot by petition.

The petition which you chose not to sign, as is your right...

“I know that the purpose of this petition is to place a referendum on the 2022 general primary ballot for the REPUBLICAN PARTY that states:
    ‘The State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation. FOR OR AGAINST’

Apparently, you don't recognize Texas Constitution Article 1. Sec. 2. INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

The Texas Constitution, including Art. 1, Sec. 2 having been recognized by the United States...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    y’all must stop reading before read the whole resolution.
    And Texas surrendered to the Union during at the end of the civil war 1865 ( that by itself should end any secession talk) but some of you are as brain dead as a liberal.

American did not ask permission when leaving the British empire, but perhaps you are ignorant of that.

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    Texas will not be able to succeed. No matter what document was signed years ago. Secondly if they manage to. The United States would move the military in and take your land and claim it as part of the USA.
    The US military shows up to take land you’ll either be killed and they will get your land. Or you will comply and spare your family’s life. We might not like this but it’s the facts.

Biden’s government labels parents that care about their children’s education a domestic terrorist. Not signing any documents that collects people’s information at a gun show. What better place to find radicals.

You are right, Texas will never be able to successfully secede from the USA. People can easily talk about Texit at 20,000 feet, but the devil is in the details. Texas does not have its own military that could remain after the USA pulled all of its military assets out of the state. The Federal Government does provide some (I said some) useful services. Defense, international treaties, a federal system of banking, the postal service (yeah it is crappy), etc. How many Texans rely on federal benefits for food stamps, medicare, medicaid, etc? Then Texas would have to develop a new currency that would be accepted in international trade. Texas as state does not have a monetary policy, only a fiscal policy for the budget.

I don't see a successful Texit. What Texans need to do is keep Commifornians from moving to Austin!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You are right, Texas will never be able to successfully secede from the USA. People can easily talk about Texit at 20,000 feet, but the devil is in the details. Texas does not have its own military that could remain after the USA pulled all of its military assets out of the state. The Federal Government does provide some (I said some) useful services. Defense, international treaties, a federal system of banking, the postal service (yeah it is crappy), etc. How many Texans rely on federal benefits for food stamps, medicare, medicaid, etc? Then Texas would have to develop a new currency that would be accepted in international trade. Texas as state does not have a monetary policy, only a fiscal policy for the budget.

I don't see a successful Texit. What Texans need to do is keep Commifornians from moving to Austin!
    Care to elaborate on how to keep them from moving to Austin, or anywhere in Texas for that matter?

I'd like to hear your plans for getting that accomplished.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Citizens of the United States have the right of free travel within it's borders, so good luck keeping Commifornians out... The right to control her borders is just one right Texas would regain by independence.

As for withdrawing military assets, it would seem the United States set a precedent for not doing that in Afghanistan.

Medicare and Social Security are earned benefits that accrue to citizens and follow there residence, even out of country, though Medicare would require a trip into the U.S. to access. U.S. citizens remain citizens for life except by renunciation.

All of the issues you think important are secondary to the question...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

While I agree with your first point that we will never be able to succeed, I think it’s more because we won’t instead of we can’t. Too many people are content. The currency issue shouldn’t be a barrier. El Salvador uses the USD as it’s official currency, so does Guam, Turks and Caicos, Marshall Islands and others. I don’t think defense is an issue. We spend billions overseas protecting the EU, and Texas would be a boarder to the US so I highly doubt the US would pull out and leave no protection. Heck, we are already doing a better job on the boarder than the Biden regime is doing. I don’t have an answer regarding benefits or how that would be done. I Think it would be more successful having like minded states team up and push for something. I don’t think there are good odds even doing that, but it would have a better chance I think than Texas going at it alone.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    When Democrat states figure out that Texas secession would mean the U.S. never having another Republican president they may happily vote to let Texas leave...

...assuming the people of Texas ever even get a chance to vote the question... which is the sole purpose of the petition.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    WE would not need to secede if we could stop the communist from controlling the voting machines. AND we need to take back the House ,Senate and White House, and keep it.
    Pretty sure that if the voting Machines were replaced with whatever they used 30 years ago, we would have no problem taking back both chambers of congress + the white house. We have such a shit show going on now, it would not surprise me if some of the California seats flipped red. I wish there was a way of truly knowing what percentage of Biden’s voters are now having buyer‘s remorse.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Secession can be obtained only through revolution or the consent of states. Or at least that's how I read it. There are a number of states talking secession. On the left you have states like California, and on the right you have states like New Hampshire and Texas. I guess if many more states reach dissolution, consent may not be off the table.

Top Bottom