TGT DFW Bulls-Eye Shooters Team & Smack Down!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    LOL.....I know it's all in good fun, I'm sure they do too. Hey, you know my hands are steady and my thumb is almost healed [re: the bite from your .44mag). I have a feeling that we will eventually have to move away from the b27 target to have something a little more 'precise'.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    LOL.....I know it's all in good fun, I'm sure they do too. Hey, you know my hands are steady and my thumb is almost healed [re: the bite from your .44mag). I have a feeling that we will eventually have to move away from the b27 target to have something a little more 'precise'.

I feel the same and I think most of us do. I pushed for that target so novice shooters would not be intimidated. Anyone that has applied for a CHL has shot one and has an idea of how they scored under a shot clock - novice shooters seem to like them cause I see them with them at the range all the time working on skill sets.

I suspect that once more teams form up that we will end up with three levels of shooters. "Marksman and Intermediate and Novice"
    Right now we need to be thinks of growing the number of teams and then divide them by skill set.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man, there are like 4 or 5 of these threads spread around the forum. I just can't escape them, they're everywhere I look noooooo! ;) j/k

Rocket_Cowboy

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I suspect that once more teams form up that we will end up with three levels of shooters. "Marksman and Intermediate and Novice"
    Right now we need to be thinks of growing the number of teams and then divide them by skill set.

But when everyone from DFW falls into the "Marksman" category, how will the other cities feel?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man, there are like 4 or 5 of these threads spread around the forum. I just can't escape them, they're everywhere I look noooooo! ;) j/k

It just keeps getting worse, like a nightmare that never ends.
    Can you imagine what it will look like with 3 or for teams and skill levels per team in 4 or 5 major cities???
    Oh the pain, the pain!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    But when everyone from DFW falls into the "Marksman" category, how will the other cities feel?
    Yeah I was thinking on that.
    Maybe we need to sand bag the first couple of shoots not to scare them boys in Austin and Houston off.
    We really want this to become a regular event and see it grow!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I was thinking on that.
    Maybe we need to sand bag the first couple of shoots not to scare them boys in Austin and Houston off.
    We really want this to become a regular event and see it grow!

Dang, we haven't even had an event yet and you're already trying to make excuses for losing. ;) lol j/k

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mo, Ya like the range? Gonna have a backhoe out ther soon to make it a little longer. I like the way it's tucked into the trees. Keeps it a little cooler...BTW, shot for score on Sunday and sent it in.....I did OK.... Ya'll find out when they are posted. Better load up some more of your "majic bullets" ! MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mo, Ya like the range? Gonna have a backhoe out ther soon to make it a little longer. I like the way it's tucked into the trees. Keeps it a little cooler...BTW, shot for score on Sunday and sent it in.....I did OK.... Ya'll find out when they are posted. Better load up some more of your "majic bullets" ! MG

Dam US you finish that range and I'll pack the BBQ and come on down and be humbled by you're skill and ability!!!!
    Maybe even learn something.LOL!!!!!

Now its beginning to look like we are fielding 3 teams!!!
    Just about to have the final lists together of shooters.

So you boys better bring on you "A" game because - We gotcha covered from A-C
    And I'm not too sure but by weeks end maybe D

Orclin

Apr 20, 2009
    Mo, I will be out of town on the 28th so scratch my name from the list.
    Sorry I gonna miss it.
    Scott

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hey Orclin,

If the rules permit it, maybe we could hook up sometime before the 28th and shoot our portion of the match?

What says Mo?

malladus.

It may be possible.
    Waiting on a response from the down south group on an issue but I don't see why if we can field a ream this coming Sunday they can't shoot.
    If you guys can come up with two ore shooters let me know - I'll see what we can get done.

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mo, My understanding of "da rules" is you can shoot for score any time BEFORE the end of the match. That's what I did last weekend... I'll be out of town for the next week or so, and wanted to be sure to get mine in while I had the chance. MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mo, My understanding of "da rules" is you can shoot for score any time BEFORE the end of the match. That's what I did last weekend... I'll be out of town for the next week or so, and wanted to be sure to get mine in while I had the chance. MG

Yeah I understand that.
    But you guys are not fielding multiple teams in the same city.
    Now I may have misunderstood but we are shooting by cities?
    Or are we simply shooting by teams?
    I guess that is my question?????
    I don't want to disqualify a team by mistake.

malladus

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas

That would be great. Would let me shoot the bullseye and still make my steel match. I can swing by Elm Fork or the lunch spot and drop tje target off after the steel match. I can get my father-in-law to take some photos for posterity and all that as well.

Malladus

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    That would be great. Would let me shoot the bullseye and still make my steel match. I can swing by Elm Fork or the lunch spot and drop tje target off after the steel match. I can get my father-in-law to take some photos for posterity and all that as well.

Malladus

Has to be a team shoot.
    So with 4 guys all shooting together.
    That's what I was getting at.
    We need to pair you up with three others that are not shooting on the 28th.
    Then we can post that teams roster and shoot date & scored on the Official Shot Thread.
    Go back through the tread and find folk that want to shoot on another date before the 28th.
    PM some and ask. Build you a team or 4 shooters.
    Set a date and time and PM me that info and the rest will happen.
    Unlike our guys down south we may be fielding 4 teams altogether.

Top Bottom