TGT DFW Dove Hunt

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by navyguy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Any one interested in a Dove hunt this September? I'm thinking maybe not opening day, as that's usually a zoo, but the next week end. We can either hunt the public land up by Ray Roberts lake, (need a $45 year long permit) or one of the day leases. The day leases are from $45 - $80, and most about an hour and half to two hour drive.

All you need is a shot gun, hunting license, some camo or drab green shirt and a couple of boxes of shells. Always a lot of fun.

2. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That sounds like fun. Let me present the idea to the other half.

3. Dick_Cheney

Dick_Cheney New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Casper, WY
    I'm in.

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

:lolz:

Hey, who let this guy in?

5. MuddyWaterMan

MuddyWaterMan Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    I will be in Alaska from the 3rd to the 10th for my first bear hunt. If it works out I might be able to make the ride up. I have great dove hunting for free down here but would love to come up and put a face to the avatar so to speak.

6. rgriffin

rgriffin New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Dallas
    Sounds like fun

7. birddog

birddog Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Dallas / Ft. Worth
    I'm in depending on the date

8. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Hunting with Dick Chaney UMM I don't know? :mad0079:

9. txgolfer45

txgolfer45 Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I'm interested!

10. redfred

redfred Member

Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Sounds good to me. I bought a public lands license last year and went hunting about 15 times for the $48 fee. If I went out to a regular lease, I'd pay that much for one day. I need to get the public lands permit and my regular hunting license, but in a few days, I'll be good to go.
    Keep me posted. Season starts on Tuesday, Sept. 1st. Do you want to schedule the trip for the 5th or 12th? I figure the 5th will still be a zoo.
    By the way, I'm also a little concerned about sharing a hunting field with someone named Dick Cheney. But then again I'm not a lawyer, so it'd probably be safe.
    Oh, if anybody needs the information on the Public Lands License, here it is:TPWD: Walk-in Hunts: Annual Public Hunting Permit
    Happy hunting!