• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any ideas for some competitions? IIRC, jrbfishn said he might bring a .22 dueling tree, and benenglish was wanting to get a little hand cannon fun set up if he can.

We could do a little run and gun type stuff if the range allows it. The IDPA style targets would be great for scoring. I'll probably be bringing a bunch of them.
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have some rimfire pop-up targets and some champion spinning targets. I think I have some rimfire swinging steel targets too.
    I believe Orbitup has the dueling tree. Or Tejano Scott. I've slept since then and slightly senile.
    We can set them up at 50 yards? 4 targets, 8 rounds. 1 shot at each left to right, then 1 at each right to left. Kneeling or standing. Fastest time wins. Assuming someone has a timer.
    Alternate shots at the spinners to keep them moving?
    See what y'all come up with.
    I'll have 2 .22 pistols to shoot the dueling tree. Just to make sure y'all have somone to laugh at.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have some rimfire pop-up targets and some champion spinning targets. I think I have some rimfire swinging steel targets too.
    I believe Orbitup has the dueling tree. Or Tejano Scott. I've slept since then and slightly senile.
    We can set them up at 50 yards? 4 targets, 8 rounds. 1 shot at each left to right, then 1 at each right to left. Kneeling or standing. Fastest time wins. Assuming someone has a timer.
    Alternate shots at the spinners to keep them moving?
    See what y'all come up with.
    I'll have 2 .22 pistols to shoot the dueling tree. Just to make sure y'all have somone to laugh at.

It's been a long week, I could have swore you had the tree. :o

I'll be bringing my Ruger MK III. It can hit those targets at 50 yards with no issues. The only question is whether I can or not. :p

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What about doing our centerfire competition thats a sticky in the rifle forum?
    We can try but the key is organization. The planning committee trys to keep everything moving in an orderly fashion but it is hard to organize bigger competitions during the meets.

Everybody is everywhere and members are coming and going all day.

If somebody can bring in a pile of targets we can try to pencil it in.

As most of us will be new to this range it may not work well though. But we can try to set up a time, or everybody can shoot as their schedule allows and compare targets after the fact.

I will volunteer to be target keeper and scorer if that is what the group wants. That way people can shoot as their schedule allows and then just hand them over. But bring your own targets.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Might not be so hard if we are all in one location. My rimfire targets can be setup for anyone that wants to shoot them.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    We can try but the key is organization. The planning committee trys to keep everything moving in an orderly fashion but it is hard to organize bigger competitions during the meets.

As most of us will be new to this range it may not work well though. But we can try to set up a time, or everybody can shoot as their schedule allows and compare targets after the fact.

I will volunteer to be target keeper and scorer if that is what the group wants. That way people can shoot as their schedule allows and then just hand them over. But bring your own targets.

I think this could work. I will print out a bunch of black and green so people have an option to which target. I have plenty of printer paper and ink so that is no worries. Worst case scenerio we don't do it and I have lots of targets for myself lol

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

Good thing about either the centerfire or rimfire challenge (shot on 10bulls) is you can set the rules for the day such as: no one shoots more than 2 targets per any one rifle, designate a place to turn in targets, TGT FRPC member talleys scores and posts at end of the day. Come up with a few tie breaker rules, viola. Benchrest style Competition does not need to be shot in a group setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If anyone wants to borrow a gun for the man sized pistol competition you can use mine. Bring any commercially loaded .45-70 you'd want to use. I'd recommend against any of that weak ass cowboy load shit, tho.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Just saw this. I have a 22 dueling tree and we usually have a competition with it. I'll lay out the rules here.

Duelers stand side by side @ about 10 yards
    Two 10 rounds mags each with one loaded up and duelers at low ready
    The winner gets all of his/her targets flipped to the opponent's side. If that doesn't happen, the dueler with the fewest amount of targets wins.
    If there are enough participants we can have a losers bracket so it's not instant death.

Top Bottom