• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Setting back looking at the TGT big picture here's what get's revealed.

As a group we don't seem to be able to agree on anything. We are so quick to chunk rocks at and tear down each other. We have(I just a picked number as an example don't sue me or shoot me or chunk me in prison if you don't agree with the number - make up your own) 50 folks wanting to go in 50 different directions. In a nutshell. We can't agree on where were going much less how we're gonna get there.

By comparison, the hard core leftist know exactly where they're going and are in full agreement on how to get there. There is little to no dissent. That which there is will be quickly and fully destroyed. In a word they are unified.

Spineless Republicans in congress are too frikken blind to see what Trump has proven over and over and over... again. The general population supports taking a stand. We realize we're dealing with a very loud, active and organized - minority. But nope... what could be vaporizes in a cloud of "Man... I sure don't wanna lose my seat in congress over this..." This board, TGT, very much resembles Congress.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I look at it like on the left 50 people and one brain. On TGT 50 people and 50 brains. Sure there is going to be disagreements when people actually think for themselves. BUT give us a project to benefit someone deserving and we line up like ducks. Remember the AR project or the young lady needing a bit of help to get started in competitive shooting.

We're due an update on those BTW.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

As a group we don't seem to be able to agree on anything. We are so quick to chunk rocks at and tear down each other. We have(I just a picked number as an example don't sue me or shoot me or chunk me in prison if you don't agree with the number - make up your own) 50 folks wanting to go in 50 different directions. In a nutshell. We can't agree on where were going much less how we're gonna get there.

By comparison, the hard core leftist know exactly where they're going and are in full agreement on how to get there. There is little to no dissent. That which there is will be quickly and fully destroyed. In a word they are unified.

Spineless Republicans in congress are too frikken blind to see what Trump has proven over and over and over... again. The general population supports taking a stand. We realize we're dealing with a very loud, active and organized - minority. But nope... what could be vaporizes in a cloud of "Man... I sure don't wanna lose my seat in congress over this..." This board, TGT, very much resembles Congress.

No disrespect, but a view thoroughly warped by bits and bytes on a screen??

Try "face to face" and you'll get an entirely different picture, especially if you need someone to have your 6.

Just saying ...

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    See point 1 in previous post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesn't matter if it started yesterday, years ago or centuries ago. What matters is it "IS".

As an aside.... I fully agree with your #1. #2... not so much.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Doesn't matter if it started yesterday, years ago or centuries ago. What matters is it "IS".

As an aside.... I fully agree with your #1. #2... not so much.

You can disagree with 2 all you want. Doesn’t make it untrue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Ok. I’ll bite.
    Just what, exactly, are we supposed to unite against?
    How am I to do that?
    If I rage it doesn’t accomplish shit.
    If I literally fix bayonets the moment I walk out of the house I’ll get: pick one.
    1.) laughed at, Ridiculed, and doxed.
    2.) killed by the police.
    3.) Actually manage to skewer a commie bastard. Then I get to spend my life in jail losing everything I’ve spent my life earning. Family goes homeless.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Ok. I’ll bite.
    Just what, exactly, are we supposed to unite against?
    How am I to do that?
    If I rage it doesn’t accomplish shit.
    If I literally fix bayonets the moment I walk out of the house I’ll get: pick one.
    1.) laughed at, Ridiculed, and doxed.
    2.) killed by the police.
    3.) Actually manage to skewer a commie bastard. Then I get to spend my life in jail losing everything I’ve spent my life earning. Family goes homeless.

[sigh...] Do nothing... that seems be working really well thus far.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Sarcasm alert....

I must disagree. We do not have 50 folks wanting to go in 50 different directions.

We have 50 folks wanting to go in 52 different directions.

/sarcasm

In truth, I believe (others may disagree) that 90% of the people on this board share a set of common values. The details vary, but at the core I think we have much in common.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    To be fair, I disagree with everybody! "Seems" to me that when we get new posters, the "disagreement factor" goes up. New folks (not all) get on here and immediately begin complaining about the way members should respond. My theory is, ..... if a new member of the forum starts complaining about the forum ........ well, one can leave as quickly as one can stay. Y'all have a glorious day! :banana:

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Most importantly they are well financed. And it's pretty easy to stick to an agenda that basically paints everyone but them as being racist. The message is simple and has worked for decades.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    [sigh...] Do nothing... that seems be working really well thus far.

What do folks like us generally do?
    1. We vote
    2. We encourage others to vote
    3. Some of engage others in discussions trying to help the liberals see sense
    4. Some of us contribute financially to the best available candidate
    5. Some of us call/email government officials
    In all seriousness, what else can we do?

Take to the street in protests is one thing. We conservatives tend not to do this. Why? Working. Things to do. Too lazy.

What else should we be doing, Doug? I am genuinely interested in other ideas.

I think too many of us (myself included) complain, take some measures, but we really may not be fighting this slide down the slippery slope as much as we could.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    No two people are going to think alike on everything. They may agree on somethings, an disagree on other things.

Kind of what makes life and forums rather interesting. Seeing other viewpoints. Kind of what makes this a great country. Ain't freedom great!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To be fair, I disagree with everybody! "Seems" to me that when we get new posters, the "disagreement factor" goes up. New folks (not all) get on here and immediately begin complaining about the way members should respond. My theory is, ..... if a new member of the forum starts complaining about the forum ........ well, one can leave as quickly as one can stay. Y'all have a glorious day! :banana:

On another forum years ago, occasionally we would get quite a few new members at various times. We called it an "Influx of Idiots" coming in!

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    For 8 years, all they said was, we don’t have control, a majority, bla frigging bla, well, they got it in 2017. I really thought the HPA had a real chance, and magically like clockwork, Vegas shooting, Shrillary “imagine if he had a silencer!” Done. HPA shelved. Bye bye. So what was the next hill to die on? Abortion. Really? Who’s aborting babies? The left, I don’t see where abortion has to be priority 1. And they lost in 2018 because of it. On purpose I believe. They don’t WANT to fix it.

Weren’t they preaching fiscal responsibility and lowering the burden to taxpayers? They lowered the tax rate and double dog dared tripled down on the debt.

And when it’s finally broken? When we have nothing to lose? Well, that oughta be a bit interesting.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom