• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Can you describe what you mean by that? I would not declare myself a Marxist by any means, but I do have to agree with what she said. It's not enough to be passively not rasist. We are all the same. Skin tone makes no lick of difference. But if I'm quiet in the face of intolerance and racism, not being actively anti-racist, it makes me no better than the hatemongers because silence is complicity. We need to stand up for one another and all say we will not tolerate this any longer. Every man and woman is my brother and sister. We are ALL each other's keepers. Now perhaps I misunderstood but when you say you won't vote for a Marxist... You're defining her off a single point in her ideology that crosses in part with Marxism, but is not Marxist. You may disagree with everything in an ideology but a broken clock will still be correct twice a day and one single agreement with an opposing side does not make you the same as them.

And you think the BLM stands up for that? that they are fighting for injustice and trying to make things more equal? or that they are trying to eliminate racism?
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Here is my problem with the anti-racist movement summed up.

View attachment 222983

Critical race theory, the anti-racism movement and Marxism are inexorably linked together.

Jorgensen is using the exact same language as those of the leftist and anti-capitalism movements. I agree with many parts of the LP platform especially in terms of government sponsored violence against citizens.

I have no problem with those that call out racism and have done so myself on this very forum. But I have no interest in joining a movement or platform rooted in foundational beliefs diametrically opposed to my own. I cannot support a presidential candidate that embraces the same.

A related article:

https://www.heritage.org/civil-soci...cal-race-theory-poisons-our-discussion-racism

Exactly! And especially when the BLM is funneling large amounts of money right to the Democratic Party.

woeno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    Houston
    Here is my problem with the anti-racist movement summed up.

View attachment 222983

Critical race theory, the anti-racism movement and Marxism are inexorably linked together.

Jorgensen is using the exact same language as those of the leftist and anti-capitalism movements. I agree with many parts of the LP platform especially in terms of government sponsored violence against citizens.

I have no problem with those that call out racism and have done so myself on this very forum. But I have no interest in joining a movement or platform rooted in foundational beliefs diametrically opposed to my own. I cannot support a presidential candidate that embraces the same.

A related article:

https://www.heritage.org/civil-soci...cal-race-theory-poisons-our-discussion-racism

The quote above is exactly what I'm alluding to. And it's anti-libertarian in nature because it denies the agency of the individual with it's embrace of authoritarian group think.

That is why I'm against the anti-racism movement.
    I respect your opinion and I think I understand where you are coming from. All I'm saying is maybe there is a better way forward than demonizing those we don't agree with and understanding that even if a particular Tennant of an ideal is wrong or coming at it the wrong way, there is room for revision. Instead of throwing out the baby with the bathwater it would be lovely if we could fix the issues and come at them in a way that we can all agree with that moves society forward into a new era of freedom and prosperity for all. Also, I'd simply like to say it is super refreshing to have a talk like this that is productive and informative.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    All I'm saying is maybe there is a better way forward than demonizing those we don't agree with

I can usually get behind that line of thinking and in fact it's one of the reasons I find most "anti" anything groups to be repulsive because it seeks to paint and dehumanize the others.

and understanding that even if a particular Tennant of an ideal is wrong or coming at it the wrong way, there is room for revision.

I find that that is actually rarely the case. She may change her messaging but I don't think that changes the way she thinks. And that's why I won't support her candidacy.

I still like a lot of what the LP stands for but I think the party is severely dysfunctional.

Thank you for the dialogue.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Passively non racist? Isn't that what we used to call "fair"? Making judgements based on actions instead of accidents of birth or religion?
    Racist- making judgements about others based not on actions but based on an accident of birth or religion.
    Actively non racist- favoring one race or religion over another instead of the actions of individuals......

Sounds like the same thing to me.
    I think I will just stay non-racist and they can call me what they want. Racist will do that anyway. That's what Racist's do, ,,,they label.
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread be like
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      657.6 KB · Views: 776

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You'd rather have a person who doesn't share your values period point blank? How is libertarian "Dem lite"? If anything it's "Republite". freedom is freedom it applies to all. Period. It's sure better than the basic Republican or Democrat Tennants imho
    The D's and R's are both crying about how she's just stealing votes from them. :laughing:

The "actively anti-racist" comment is sofa king we Todd ed, tho...

b2e93e649f5de50868888930d10bca8aa8779bc110b92c02a4edf6afa259c6b8_1.jpg

Attachments

• b2e93e649f5de50868888930d10bca8aa8779bc110b92c02a4edf6afa259c6b8_1.jpg
      b2e93e649f5de50868888930d10bca8aa8779bc110b92c02a4edf6afa259c6b8_1.jpg
      38.8 KB · Views: 289
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members