Gun Zone Deals

TGT Range day for march. Come shoot with us!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hello folks!

Just posting the monthly thread to organize the monthly shoot, here in El Paso. We are shooting for the weekend of the 25/26th, sometime between noon and 2PM, depending on who all wants to come out. Please post in this thread if you are at least going to try to come. Last month was awesome. We had new members out and even though it was a pretty cold day, we were all warmed by the wonderful heat of burning gun powder and we had an awesome time doing so.

OUR ACTIVITIES: Consist of but are not limited to - sharing knowledge - letting each other experience new platforms or calibers - helping each other zero - running drills - analyzing and breaking down tactics including emulating certain events or shootings that have been publicized for the purpose of understanding the mechanics involved in what went wrong or right and getting a feel for how we would have handled those events and whether or not we have the skillset and mindset to act effectively and proficiently - we help each other solve certain problems we may have with firearms that are malfunctioning - we help each other gain more insight into how we can better setup our weapons as well as how we can better use them - we collect data on loads/velocity/casing pressures/standard deviation/as well as the biological variables such as speed of the draw/first shot/splits/the way in which we hold our weapons/the differing ways we view the sights red dots and targets and how we can tie all of this together to create well rounded and unified system for the purpose of helping each other perform as optimally as one's potential allows in order to protect ourselves loved ones and our fellow Americans... Goes on and on.

THE POINT: We are attempting to build connections and friendships between like minded individuals, utilizing something as important as our natural right to self preservation, for the purpose toward a betterment of our own lives and society. For those of you who may not be looking for long term friendship, or a group to mingle with, come out and have fun anyway. You'll still gain a lot from it and you can go your own way at the end of the day.

!TAKE NOTICE!: Safety is our ABSOLUTE and highest priority. If we can achieve safe and disciplined habits and behaviors, it will serve as a strong foundation that we can confidently build onto as we all advance in this martial art that is firearms and self defense. Should anybody show up and not take safety as serious as we do (they should), will be bluntly asked to leave and will not be welcomed back within the group. Obviously accidents happen and even rare negligence can be forgiven, but a careless attitude toward safety will NOT be tolerated. Being safe does not equate to not having fun, we can have both and still be able to make it back home.

COME AS YOU ARE: All you have is a conceal carry handgun? Cool, bring it. You can shoot our rifles. You want to bring 20 guns you're proud of and a ton of nylon? Cool, let's zero em and train. There is no set bar and there are no expectations other than that you are an honorable person, with good character, and good moral intentions.

There are a lot more photos and video from the last couple of shoots that I will compile into a short video and post as soon as I can sit down to work on it. If you wish to join us, please respond here, or text 915-790-6771 (me/Jon). Please do not call. If you need to ask questions, or something else requiring a call, please text the purpose for the call and I'll call you from a different number.

As for the weather, there are only projections based on historical data. Those projections are sunny with a high temp of 73. I will post back if the weather turns out to look bad enough to cancel. Alright fellas (ladies too), we really look forward to meeting more of you, as well as seeing those of you who've come, again. I wish you all and your loved ones well. God bless!
    Military Camp

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Due to un foreseen circumstances JColumbus is unable to host the upcoming shoot. He has asked me to take over, if there is interest in getting together next weekend let me know here and I’ll do my best to set this up.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Looks like JColumbus didn’t specify a range in the original post. We will meet out in the Anthony Gap area. The exact spot is a little bit of a to be determined kinda thing because the BLM land is first come first serve.

I like to meet people at the Love’s Travel Stop at exit 0 on I-10 heading from El Paso toward Las Cruces. The address is:

3000 Mountain Pass Blvd, Anthony, TX 79821

That gives people a chance to meet up, grab any food or drinks they need and then drive out to the gap.

Have you been out to the Anthony Gap BLM land?

Coonan357

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Just below the panhandle of Texas
    I was very active in silhouette competition back in the mid-80s in the El Paso/Ft. Bliss and surrounding area. It seems to me there was a range on the mountain called the Anthony gun club. It was just a shack with a covered firing line and a fairly well kept range. Those were good days.
    Might this have been in the same area you are talking about?
    It was all dirt road with deep ruts getting to it.
    I'm out of Lubbock so I can't guarantee that I can make it though.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    I was very active in silhouette competition back in the mid-80s in the El Paso/Ft. Bliss and surrounding area. It seems to me there was a range on the mountain called the Anthony gun club. It was just a shack with a covered firing line and a fairly well kept range. Those were good days.
    Might this have been in the same area you are talking about?
    It was all dirt road with deep ruts getting to it.
    I'm out of Lubbock so I can't guarantee that I can make it though.
    I think I know the range you are talking about, however the place I have in mind is bare land with no structures. The road getting there is not deeply rutted, but you do have to go through a gate.

Lubbock is about 6 hours away right?

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Alright, that’s one vote for Saturday and one vote for Sunday. I can do either one.

Does anyone else have a preference between Saturday or Sunday?

Weather looks similar with more wind on Sunday.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    UPDATE

The time is Sunday, at 2PM. Thanks to all who are going, and we look forward to seeing you all there. Anyone else is still welcome.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    For anyone coming I’m at the Loves, I’ll be here until 2:10.

I’m in a white chevy dually truck with a black flatbed.

After 2:10 I will head out to the range where I believe JColumbus is already waiting for us.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    For anyone coming I’m at the Loves, I’ll be here until 2:10.

I’m in a white chevy dually truck with a black flatbed.

After 2:10 I will head out to the range where I believe JColumbus is already waiting for us.

Is Texas so large there's a time difference?
    According to the Forum time, you posted after 3pm.

Top Bottom