• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I don't do cigars so I don't know. Tobacco flavors aren't my thing. Right now I have 3 tanks going. Butter rum, case's monster smash, and blueberries and cream.

Anyone vaping less than 12mg? I'm thinking about starting 8mg soon.
    DK Firearms

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I don't do cigars so I don't know. Tobacco flavors aren't my thing. Right now I have 3 tanks going. Butter rum, case's monster smash, and blueberries and cream.

Anyone vaping less than 12mg? I'm thinking about starting 8mg soon.

I only vape at 3mg and really only just for a tad bit of throat hit. Honestly nicotine itself wasn't much of an addiction for me (although when I'm really stressed I will occasionally bum a real cig for an actual nicotine buz). It was really more than anything seeing myself blowing out smoke which vaping satisfies more than a regular cigarette....especially with a low resistance rebuildable (I'm now vaping a 1.4 ohm coil) that puts out tons of vapor.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I could imagine. If I'm using a 1.8 I gotta turn my mod down or burn the wicks. Im due for a new one. I think I'm getting the itaste svd. Any suggestions?

Yup lower the resistance, lower the voltage you need for the same heat. Ohms law or something like that.

That's a pretty nifty looking mod....been tempted to get an 18650 mod since I already have those batteries for my IR torch I use for my digi NV setup. Once I'm not flipping broke from dropping 1.2 Gs on saving my dogs last night (they got in my compost and got a nasty bug that sent gave them tremors) I might see about trying that mod out. I certainly love my MVP, and I've heard lots of good things about other itaste mods.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So seeing the fine cigars in the Whisky thread got me thinking, anyone found any vape flavors that can hold a candle to a fine cigar? Probably a fools hope but I figured I'd see if anyone has managed to strike gold on this.

You might give these a try. They were very cigar tasting to me, but I'm not really a cigar aficionado. The Alcazar and Blond were not bad.

Premium Tobacco

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I did the repairs posted here on my MVP and for the most part it has fixed the issues. Every now and then it'll fire full blast on its own. I pull out the pin and clean it up. The seems to fix it for a couple weeks. I also have some batteries and a charger. That's kinda why I've been looking at the svd.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    So I've been vaping 8mg since Monday. Zero problems and I'm not puffing anymore frequently. I will probably stay here til the end of December and them start 4mg.

I still haven't bought a new mod. My MVP has worked flawlessly for over 2 weeks. I have a ego for back up in case this one quits. I quit using the cheap vivi novas. They work well but seem to scorch much easier. I bought the newest kangertech coils with my loyalty points from vixen and have been mostly using my pro tank 3 with Aero adaptor. The new coils are sweet. Much less wick. Almost none.

Anyway I have a shit ton of liquid. If anyone wants some pm me.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Well, I vaped for about a year.

Had my last full cigarette last December, and had a few drags on one when my brother in law killed himself recently because everyone in my family started smoking again.

Been dipping on an off - still love my Copenhagen snuff.

Came up to Canada for work about 2.5 weeks ago and I forgot to buy snuff....and I'm sure as heck not gonna buy it up here.

Then the government agency that runs the oil stuff up here came down and said that we couldn't vape on the rigs.

So I figured it was my sign to go cold turkey.

Been 2.5 weeks without nicotine now.....was vaping 34mg and dipping about a can every 7-10 days.

No one has died yet.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Just picked up an ELeaf IStick today. Man this mod blows my MVP out of the water in just about every respect. Smaller/lighter package (and not that many less Mah), fits in my hand better, fire button in better spot and the readout is much better than the Itaste. For some reason too on less voltage and wattage it seems to vape better than my Itaste, not really sure why that would happen hell I haven't even changed the coil or wick out in my Kayfun in a while. Great little mod for sure.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I've been thinking about getting one too. My mvp is surprisingly still holding up. But I wouldn't be surprised if it wigs again. I'd like to buy cheap from eBay.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm still using the mvp and have switched to the iclear16d. Gotta say I really like these. I found a vendor on eBay selling 5 for $12.99 shipped. At this price I doubt I'll buy coils. I'll just buy more tanks. The airflow is perfect on these. I'm still on 8 and still loyal to vixen. I may get another mod pretty soon. Anyway I hope you guys are doing well with not smoking. I feel great.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I spoke to a good friend today who told me his vaping experience recently took a 180 deg. turn for the better after getting some sound advice so I'm once again inspired to be a noob. I don't mean to sound harsh or critical of anyone but these are the things I think would work for me:

1. 1+ pack/day Marlboro light smoker. What mg do you recommend to start with?
    2. Which quality juice mfgs. should I look for? Any to avoid?
    3. How much juice should I initially buy?
    4. I do NOT want vaping as a "hobby". I don't mind spending the up front $$ (within reason) for a good unit but if it doesn't work out of the box I'll likely drop it. I think a small-medium cigar size should be about right, what can you recommend?
    5. Does it charge quickly and/or battery easily swapped?
    6. Is anyone selling a quality unit that meets the criteria?

It's been a while but I have read this thread from the beginning, I figure things may have changed since then so I'm looking for current info. Thanks for any help.

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    I spoke to a good friend today who told me his vaping experience recently took a 180 deg. turn for the better after getting some sound advice so I'm once again inspired to be a noob. I don't mean to sound harsh or critical of anyone but these are the things I think would work for me:

1. 1+ pack/day Marlboro light smoker. What mg do you recommend to start with?
    2. Which quality juice mfgs. should I look for? Any to avoid?
    3. How much juice should I initially buy?
    4. I do NOT want vaping as a "hobby". I don't mind spending the up front $$ (within reason) for a good unit but if it doesn't work out of the box I'll likely drop it. I think a small-medium cigar size should be about right, what can you recommend?
    5. Does it charge quickly and/or battery easily swapped?
    6. Is anyone selling a quality unit that meets the criteria?

It's been a while but I have read this thread from the beginning, I figure things may have changed since then so I'm looking for current info. Thanks for any help.
    11-13 mg is a good place to start as far as strength. Void any juice made in China. And a cartomizer might work out for you. It's simpler and easy to start off with.

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hey Glockster, check out these links :
    mod: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111574217546

tanks: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321627562077

then just buy some liquid. You can do some serious vaping with this. I'd suggest not ordering double flavor until you're sure you like the flavor. I Usually order 50/50 vg pg. I'd suggest buying multiple flavors. I'm picky and I dislike more than I like. good luck. The cool thing about vaping is if you fall off the wagon you can just start again. I've been cigarette free since the beginning of August and don't like cigs anymore. I was 1+ pack a day smoker for 17 years. It works.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I got a "starter kit" from my youngest last year. Gave it a go. No dice. Wound up smoking more cigs than before.
    Momma talked me into going by the new vape store saturday and checking it out. Told the guy what I had experienced. He said the same happened to him a year or so ago. We discussed it and I tried some flavors. Settled on "white russian" (tastes like coffee) in a nicotine strength 1/2 of what I had before. So, 3 days behind me and I've actually enjoyed it and cut my cig use by about 60% without really trying.

I'm optimistic about it.
    Talk to a "pro" and don't get bogged down on "equipment".

That's my take on it. BTW, the starter kit came with 24mg nicotine liquid.
    The guy told me that was a big problem, too strong. I'm using 12 mg now and like I said, not trying, just happens real easy.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hey Glockster, check out these links :
    mod: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111574217546

tanks: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321627562077

then just buy some liquid. You can do some serious vaping with this. I'd suggest not ordering double flavor until you're sure you like the flavor. I Usually order 50/50 vg pg. I'd suggest buying multiple flavors. I'm picky and I dislike more than I like. good luck. The cool thing about vaping is if you fall off the wagon you can just start again. I've been cigarette free since the beginning of August and don't like cigs anymore. I was 1+ pack a day smoker for 17 years. It works.
    Do I need one each from those links and combined they make an operational unit?

Vixen is having a 20% of sale Jan 26-31, I THINK. Check their site.

Thanks Ray22, I was thinking @12 mg.

Good luck Vaq and others.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yes, although sometime when you buy the battery they include a tank. I tried to find the iclears 16s with the bottom coils, but seems they don't exist on eBay. But these ones work great anyway. If you buy any equipment on vixen, avoid anything smoketec brand. It's junk. That's why they sale it so cheap.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Kanger Emow Mega + 10ml juice for $70, any good?

I just tried to open your links on the phone but it wouldn't work.

Top Bottom