• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    It'll work. The battery should be 1300 mah . Not too bad. That vision spinner is 1600mah and is $22. If you buy from the clearance page on vixen 10ml is super cheap. For a heavy smoker I would recommend multiple tanks. The iclear16s come in a 5 pack and after you burn the coils, they are rebuildable. If you're going to spend $70 I think you can get a better set up with a box mod like a innokin mvp2.0 or Eleaf Istick. Starter kits are marketed for people who think there is a lot of stuff you need. All you need is 2 things. A battery and a tank. Fill it with liquid and vape away. I wonder why the links aren't working? They work for me. I'm on an iPhone 5 using safari.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Just my personal opinion but I really like the Nautilus Aspire tanks. They're dual coil and have a pretty large tank. Well made and reasonably priced.

Genuine ASPIRE Nautilus - 101 Vape
    The aspires work nice. I've switch around. I was using a kanger aerotank but instead of the coils just quitting working, they would start barely giving me a hit. I've switched back to innokin iclear16d. I like most of their poly cleartomizers. I have a iclear30 around here somewhere but that metal tip about knocked out my front tooth on more than one occasion. The new 16s don't have drip tips, it's all one piece.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Damn itchin, you spend too much time on this. Lol

I think the Aspires are too under powdered for me.

2nd store has 11w innokin mvp2.0 with the iclear30 tank*for $75,

Or a 20w Vamo V6, digital charger + everything else included for $130.

I've never heard anyone mention Vamo, any good?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    That's not bad. The mvp2.0 usually will have 2 iclear16s in the box it comes in so you'd have 3 tanks and a battery that will last a few days. I don't know anything about vamo. I believe if you put it together on eBay you'd only save $10-$15 on the Mvp set up. I work inside sales so I am usually wearing slacks or dockers. I carry around a mvp in my pocket no problem. Most of the time it sits on my desk.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I spoke to a good friend today who told me his vaping experience recently took a 180 deg. turn for the better after getting some sound advice so I'm once again inspired to be a noob. I don't mean to sound harsh or critical of anyone but these are the things I think would work for me:

1. 1+ pack/day Marlboro light smoker. What mg do you recommend to start with?
    2. Which quality juice mfgs. should I look for? Any to avoid?
    3. How much juice should I initially buy?
    4. I do NOT want vaping as a "hobby". I don't mind spending the up front $$ (within reason) for a good unit but if it doesn't work out of the box I'll likely drop it. I think a small-medium cigar size should be about right, what can you recommend?
    5. Does it charge quickly and/or battery easily swapped?
    6. Is anyone selling a quality unit that meets the criteria?

It's been a while but I have read this thread from the beginning, I figure things may have changed since then so I'm looking for current info. Thanks for any help.

It's really hard to find everything you like at one place. Here is what I've had success with for the last 4 years or so.

Batteries and chargers: KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

Cartomizers: 510 SMOKTECH C.C.V. XL LR 1.7ohm STAINLESS STEEL (THE RESURRECTOR) (Box of 5)

Juice: American Spirit Tobacco Pre-Mixed Specialty

or: http://www.backwoodsbrew.net/Backo_p_8.html#.VL-zWC6Iy-c

Nic juice flavor and strength is probably the most important, yet the most difficult thing to nail down. I would recommend you order a small amount of 12mg, 18mg, and 24mg. I smoked about 2 packs a day of light cigs back when. So I started with 12 mg juice, bumped up to 18, and ended up with 24mg. The is no correlation with what cigs you smoked and what strength juice will satisfy your nicotine craving.

If you haven't already, join, or browse this forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum.php

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Da hell they put in juice!! Hit 2 stores last night, nothing else out of the norm.

Alarms sounds at 0425 and I just woke up. :(

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Thanks, it seemed like a solid unit but too high $$$. I plan to hit the 2nd store again tonight and buy either Aspire (big as a fat cigar) or MVP 1 or 2. He said their juice is made in made in Dallas and they had some flavors I liked so initially I'll buy them local until I develop a feel for it.

At least that's my plan right now.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well, I paid the membership dues, the question is if I'll be an active member.

I bought the itaste VV4, 2 tanks, 2 flavors both 12mg, and 5 spare coils.

Thanks for y'alls help.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Week one behind me.
    Really did cut the smoking by 60% or more, just haven't completely killed the urge.
    Vaping seems to take the edge off, but not really satisfy the craving.
    I'm using 12mg and an eGo unit.

Do I need a stronger unit or a stronger juice?
    Or is it something else I'm missing?

xcrazydx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Week one behind me.
    Really did cut the smoking by 60% or more, just haven't completely killed the urge.
    Vaping seems to take the edge off, but not really satisfy the craving.
    I'm using 12mg and an eGo unit.

Do I need a stronger unit or a stronger juice?
    Or is it something else I'm missing?
    You could try bumping up to 18 but the urge you're feeling is the other thousand chemicals in cigs you're addicted to. After about a week of no cigs it will go away.

Finding the right flavors and nic level is crucial to your success.
    I make all my own juice and everything now and I make 3mg and 6mg depending on what device and power I'll be using. Most people who are trying to quit are happy around 18 to start with

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I bumped up from 18 to 24 because I wasn't handling high stress times well. Course, I came from 3-4 packs a day.

I think it's hard to recommend what to use for the same reason it's hard to recommend a handgun. Everyone has different preferences.

I've been pretty happy with my aspire BDC tank but there are two different could for it. The old style aren't nearly as good as the new.

I've seen some tanks I wouldn't mine trying, but I'm so damn hard on them I don't trust myself not to break most of them.

Agree on the spinner batteries, although they only give me a day with a dual coil. Still, I've been very pleased. I'm using the spinner 2. When it starts getting week I can up the voltage and get normal hits for a little while longer.

f0e8c0fd99dcb8ff3638de0d30b4962d.jpg

On the metal tips: when driving, do not rest your elbow on something while taking a hit and you will pretty much remove the problem of hitting your teeth. I've broken several of the plastic tips off from dropping so I avoid them now. (May not be a problem for others)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Best Ejuice I ever got came from MonsterVape in Corpus, think there is another one in San Antone. They have an online store two but it starts getting a little higher than normal due to shipping. Good heavy vapor but not harsh.

Will probably break down and order some again when they have my flavor back in stock.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Got a bottle of 18mg and a new cartomizer.
    Hoping week 2 is the end of the cigs.

xcrazydx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Best Ejuice I ever got came from MonsterVape in Corpus, think there is another one in San Antone. They have an online store two but it starts getting a little higher than normal due to shipping. Good heavy vapor but not harsh.

Will probably break down and order some again when they have my flavor back in stock.
    Check out good life vapor for some good juice. Deadly sin and yoplay parlay are a couple favorites. You'll have to order online though.

I use a bunch of mods and toppers. Here are a few.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422131936629.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1422131936629.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 145

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was looking at a Kangertech the other day, can't remember the model though. Looked interesting but being all glass turned me away.

The only flavor I've found I like are the light watermelon flavors from a few places. Just enough flavor to cover the taste of the mix.

Top Bottom